Jeju Island, South Korea's very own paradise, is a must-visit for any traveler. And the best part? Philippine passport holders can enjoy visa-free entry for up to 30 days! However, it's important to note that this visa-free program requires a direct flight to Jeju from another country, like Singapore or Taiwan, as layovers in mainland Korea aren't permitted.

Jeju Island
tea plantation at the Osulloc Tea Museum

If you want to go to South Korea without applying for a visa, then visiting Jeju Island is your best bet. Here's my itinerary from when I traveled there earlier this year.

7-Day Jeju Island Itinerary

Day 1: Arrival

I had an early morning flight from Manila to South Korea via Incheon Airport. From there, I took a train to Gimpo Airport for my flight to Jeju Island. I had a long layover, giving me plenty of time to freshen up, grab coffee, and eat lunch. 

After a long and tiring journey, arriving in Jeju was a breath of fresh air. I took a bus from the airport to my hotel in Jeju City. I chose to stay in the city because of its central location, which makes it easy to explore the island using public transportation or join day tours. 

I checked in to my hotel and had a quick shower before heading out to explore the area. Just a stone's throw away from my hotel, Dongmun Market and Chilsungro Shopping Town offered endless entertainment and delicious food. The vibrant atmosphere and friendly locals instantly made me feel at home.

Jeju Island
Dongmun Market

Day 2: Conquering Hallasan

I knew I had to experience the heart of Jeju Island, so I tackled Hallasan. The Gwaneumsa Trail was a popular choice, and for good reason. The hike was very challenging, but the panoramic views from the summit were simply breathtaking. 

It was a demanding physical feat, but the sense of accomplishment and the stunning natural beauty made it an unforgettable experience. You can read all about my Hallasan experience here.

Jeju Island
view from the summit of Hallasan

Day 3: Seogwipo Charm

For day 3, my main mission is to go to Chai Cafe in Seogwipo. This is the cafe that BTS members V, Jimin, and Jungkook visited on their trip to Jeju a few months before they enlisted.

Seogwipo offered a different vibe compared to the bustling city. After a couple of hours of relaxing at the cafe, I explored the Yongmeori Coast. It wasn't on my itinerary, but it was a short walk from the cafe, so I decided to visit it as well. The coastal walk was a perfect way to unwind and appreciate the island's natural beauty. The fresh air and gentle waves were incredibly soothing, making it a perfect way to end the trip before returning to the city.

Jeju Island
Yongmeori Coast

Day 4: Western and Southern Jeju Highlights

My day tour took me on a whirlwind adventure through the western and southern parts of Jeju through a guided tour that I booked on Klook

The first stop was Camellia Hill, a floral paradise. Then, we visited Cheonjeyeon Falls and Jusangjeollidae, both natural wonders and must-see places in Jeju. We also had a lunch break between these two places. 

The next stop was Osulloc Tea Museum for some shopping and exploring on our own, but before checking out the shops, I first went to the tea plantation to take photos, as shown above. I bought a box of green tea chocolates, which were so good—I wish I had bought more. Lastly, we visited Handam Coastal Walk to see some stunning coastal scenery. It was a jam-packed day, but every stop was worth it.

Jeju Island
Handam Coast

Day 5: Eastern Jeju Adventures

Continuing my exploration, I ventured to the east coast on my 5th day. This was through another guided tour via Klook. It was raining that day, so we had some slight changes to our itinerary.

The Jeju Folklore and Natural History Museum provided valuable insights into the island's culture and heritage, while the Seongeup Folk Village offered a glimpse into traditional Jeju life.

Jeju Island
Seongeup Folk Village

The next stop was supposed to involve a hike to Seongsan Peak, but because it was a rainy and foggy day with nearly zero visibility, our tour guide decided to skip the hike for everyone's safety. Instead, we got an extended lunch break in the town surrounding Seongsan Peak.

Then we were supposed to watch a haenyeo show, which I looked forward to, but again, because of the weather, that didn't happen. Instead, we went to the Haenyeo Museum for a fascinating look into the lives of Jeju's sea women. 

Then, we went to Bijarim Forest for a pleasant stroll, and Hamdeok Beach was our last stop.

Jeju Island
Hamdeok Beach

Day 6: Free-Spirited Exploration

This was my last full day in Jeju. Because of its BTS connection, my main plan was to visit Iho Tewoo Beach. I spent a good couple of hours taking photos and strolling along the coastline at Iho Tewoo Beach. I also went to see the lighthouses up close. After that, I let spontaneity guide my day.

I stumbled upon Dodubong Peak, which offers panoramic views of the ocean on one side and the airport on the other. A scene from one of my favorite K-dramas, "Welcome to Samdal-ri," was also filmed there, so it was another highlight of my Jeju trip. My next stop was the Dodubong Rainbow Coastal Road, which was a visual treat.

From Dodubong, I took the bus and got off at a stop just outside of Jeju City and then walked for about 10 minutes before getting to Yongduam Rock. It's a volcanic rock formation in the shape of a dragon's head, it has been worn down over time by strong winds and tides. 

Jeju Island
Yongduam Rock

I had a quick cafe break before heading to Yongdam Valley, not far from the rock.  added to the day's natural wonders. Overall, it was a day of unexpected discoveries and beautiful scenery.

Day 7: Farewell to Jeju

My flight back to Seoul was around noon, so I had plenty of time in the morning to eat a heavy brunch and finish packing before heading to the airport.

Jeju Island
Yongdam Valley


As my trip came to an end, I reflected on the incredible experiences I had in Jeju. The island's diverse landscapes, rich culture, and warm hospitality left an indelible mark on me. Every place I visited was worth it, and the food was top-notch. Plus, the locals here were super nice, and they really tried to communicate with me in English while I also struggled with my Korean. 

While seven days were not enough to explore everything Jeju Island has to offer, it was a perfect introduction to this enchanting place. I can't wait to return and explore more of the island.