Last year, BTS V posted a photo of him at an Indian cafe in Jeju Island. He was with Jungkook and Jimin. They were at an Indian cafĂ©. Just like many fans, visiting places BTS has been to has become a bit of a tradition for me on my trips to South Korea. This month's Jeju Island adventure was no different! I had my sights set on finding the Indian cafe they'd visited in photos – it turns out it's called Chai Cafe, located in the Seogwipo area.

Chai Cafe Jeju
VMinKook's photo at the cafe

Since I was staying in Jeju-si and didn't rent a car for this trip, getting there proved to be a bit of an adventure. A national holiday threw a potential curveball into my plans, but luckily, I confirmed through Instagram that the cafe was open! Relying on the Korean app Naver Map, I went on a three-bus journey. Getting on the first bus was a breeze, but the second bus was a test of patience.  Infrequent and unreliable, I was stranded after a frustrating wait. I checked Naver Map again, and there was another bus that I could take, so I walked for 10 minutes to another stop. This one arrived after a short while.

Bus number three seemed like the right one, but to my surprise, there were apparently two with similar routes! Feeling drained from this unexpected bus saga, I checked Naver Map again and saw the cafe wasn't too far away. So, I just booked a Kakaotaxi for a quick ride straight to the cafe. The taxi ride cost KRW4,000.

Chai Cafe Jeju
the cafe has a cozy and homey atmosphere

I got to the cafe and found that it was practically empty, although the owner wasn't fazed by a lone visitor.  BTS visiting the place had definitely put Chai Cafe on the map for fans. Claiming their table (complete with printed-out photos of their visit), I ordered a hot latte and settled in – mission accomplished! While the coffee was good, the food options were a bit limited – just cookies this time around. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything more substantial to pair with my coffee, so I skipped the snacks.

The cafe itself was small and cozy, exactly like the pictures. It had a chilled-out, homey vibe, and it was in a secluded area without the usual touristy crowds, so I understood why V, Jungkook, and Jimin enjoyed this place. The warm atmosphere and unique charm definitely made the crazy bus journey worth it in the end.

Chai Cafe Jeju

As I was enjoying my cafe, I checked the map for any hidden gems in the area and found one located just a short walk from the cafe. But that's for another blog post, so stay tuned!