Of course, no travel diary would ever be complete without food posts. Because I am a HUGE fan of Japanese cuisine, I had to try as much as I could out of what Tokyo has to offer. My sister, being a picky eater, tried her best. 

Okay, so this is just the first part of my Tokyo food adventures. Instead of one post, I decided to make two posts mainly because Japan was my longest out-of-country trip to date and there were just too many food photos that I didn't want to spam you guys in just one post. So here goes.

Day 1. We arrived in Tokyo in the afternoon so my first meal there technically was dinner after having a couple of drinks with our clients. Because it was my first time in Japan, I really wanted to try authentic ramen so two of our clients, who are both Filipinos, brought me to Ippudo in Ginza. I ordered their best seller which is the Tonkotsu Ramen. I also ordered gyoza.
 Gyoza
Tonkotsu Ramen

Day 2. For breakfast, I ate at the breakfast buffet which came with the accommodations at Hotel Unizo Ginza and this is what I had before heading to our client's office.
 mini croissant, sausages, scrambled egg, fresh salad
cookies

For lunch, my partner consultant took me out with the rest of his team. We went to a nice Thai food place (yes, Thai food in Tokyo because why not) in Ginza. I forgot the name of the restaurant though. After being seated, we ordered our meal. I ordered the Pad Thai, of course. Then to my surprise, everybody in the table got up. Apparently, the restaurant offers a "salad" buffet which consisted not just of salad ingredients, but also rice, meat, and a lot more. To be honest, the buffet basically had everything that would comprise a "complete meal", at least for me, but that was only the appetizer! So I basically had a little bit of what looked good for me while waiting for my Pad Thai to be served. Needless to say, with everything that I ate, I was so full.
 stir-fried noodles, veggie mix, roasted chicken, fish fillet
Pad Thai

That night, the only thing I had was the famous FamiChiki, which you can find at every Family Mart in Roppongi. I also had one too many drinks (not a good example folks) - some Kirin, Sapporo, Grape Chu Hai in the office and cocktails at ALine Club in  Roppongi. Anyway, back to the FamiChiki. Hands down, it was the best fried chicken fillet I have ever tried. And really cheap too!

Day 3. The next day, I woke up with a really bad hangover. For breakfast, I ate once again at the breakfast buffet at Hotel Unizo in Ginza before checking out and moving to ARTnSHELTER in Shinagawa. After getting lost in Yokohama and finally finding our hotel in Shinagawa, we finally headed out to Shibuya to do some sight-seeing. We had lunch at Lotteria, which is a popular fast food chain in Japan. The food there was good and really affordable.
Teriyaki Burger Set

After a hearty lunch at Shibuya, we headed to Cat Street in Omotesando and Takeshita Street in Harajuku for more sight seeing. Of course, I had to try some of the food that Harajuku has to offer, like the famous crepes.
Chocolate Crepe

For dinner, we ate at a Tabehodai - the Japanese term for an "all-you-can-eat" restaurant. It was at a shabu-shabu restaurant in Shinjuku, which I forgot the name of and forgot to take photos of. Nevertheless, the food was good.

Day 4. It was another day of sight seeing. For breakfast, I had some bread that I bought at Family Mart. It was a light meal because I was preparing my stomach for all the food at Asakusa. It wasn't even lunch time yet and I had already eaten so much.
 takoyaki
 maccha ice cream - looks a bit weird, but tastes super yummy
 vanilla ice cream burger

From Asakusa, we headed to Ueno for lunch before going to the famous Ueno Park and Zoo. We found a nice restaurant that serves katsu set meals. The restaurant is called Katsukura. The food there was pricey but it was worth it.
Tenderloin cutlet Zen set

For dinner, we ate at Akihabara. We had no idea on where to eat so when we saw a small food place called Katsuya, which offers rice bowl meals in reasonable prices, we decided to eat there.
 Chicken Katsudon

While walking along Akihabara, we saw Pablo which is a famous cheesecake shop that is originated in Japan. Pablo has already branched out the Philippines but I haven't tried it back home so I decided to try it in Tokyo right then and there. I had the Pablo Mini Cheesecake and it was sooo good.
Pablo Mini Cheesecake

There you have it. That is everything that I ate during the first four days that I spent in Japan, excluding all the Chip Star and the Oreos that I had. Keep posted for part two. Jā matane!