Taking a break from the running-related posts, here's something fun to make and then eat afterwards. Here is a quick and easy recipe for cheese-covered cheese sticks. Sounds redundant? Maybe so, but it's sooo good that I couldn't care less.
- cheddar cheese
- all-purpose flour
- one egg, beaten
- bread crumbs
- Cheetos or something similar
What to do:
- Slice the cheddar cheese block into sticks. Size may depend on your preference.
- Get three separate bowls: bowl one for the flour, bowl two for the beaten egg, and bowl three for the bread crumbs mixed with crushed Cheetos.
- Get a cheese stick and dip it in bowl one, two, and three, in exactly that order. Which means that it will be coated in flour, then in egg, and then in bread-and-Cheetos crumbs.
- Repeat step number three for all cheese sticks.
- Put the cheese sticks in the freezer and leave it there for about three hours.
- After three hours, deep-fry the cheese-covered cheese sticks in low to medium heat. Fry the cheese sticks until they're golden yellow-ish.
- Make a dip by mixing some mayo with some ketchup, and enjoy!
While this is not exactly a healthy recipe, it is okay to have some cheat snack once in a while. I'm gonna burn these off with a good workout anyway so why not, right? :)