It seems as if every year I find myself going to Puerto Galera. First time I went there was in 2015 for a company outing and team building. Second time was in 2016 for the very same purpose. This year, I decided to go back there for a summer getaway this time with my sister, a college friend, and her mom. 

We arrived on a Saturday, around noon. Upon getting there, we immediately proceeded to our hotel to check-in. Then we went out again to eat lunch. Afterwards, we decided to rest up for a bit before hitting the beach.

That evening I watched the Puerto Galera sunset. It was mesmerizing just as I had remembered it. There were lots of tourists that weekend so it was kind of tricky trying to take a photo of it sans photobombing tourists, but I managed.

Of course, a trip to Puerto Galera won't be complete without a taste of its night life. Once the sun sets, the beach front restaurants turn into bars. Fire dancers and live bands are the entertainment for the night.

The following day, we woke up early to swim some more on the beach and take more photos before finally heading home.

While I have already posted some travel tips during my first time there, let me re-post them again just to keep you guys updated.

Travel Notes:

How to get there: 
  • By public transportation: Take a bus from LRT Buendia or Cubao bus terminal going to Batangas Pier. Travel time by bus is around two hours. From Batangas Pier, board a ferry going to Puerto Galera. There are trips almost every hour. Travel time by ferry is roughly one and a half hour. Also, there are four entry points, so make sure you know where to alight the ferry based on the location of your hotel. 
  • By private transportation: Drive along South Luzon Expressway, turn right at Star tollgate, and drive straight to Batangas Pier. You can either leave your car there and ride a ferry. There will be overnight parking fees. Alternatively, you can ride your car on a RoRo (roll on, roll off) ship so you can bring your car to Puerto Galera. 


Where to stay: 
  • There are lots of accommodations in Puerto Galera, mostly resorts and hotels, no hostels. I've tried all, from the budget ones to the high-end ones. Make sure to book early during summer season as most hotels are fully-booked every weekend. 


Expenses: 
  • Bus from Pasay bus terminal to Batangas Pier - Php177 (x2 for round trip) 
  • Ferry - Php275 for one-way (Php500 for round trip, so it's best to book a round trip ferry then upon arriving at Puerto Galera, make sure to have your ticket confirmed for your return trip) 
  • Terminal fee - Php30 per person (avoid fixers, because they will charge you Php50 for the terminal fee, which means they get Php20 kickback) 
  • Environmental fee - Php50 
  • Accommodations - Php2200 for an air-conditioned quadruple room at Marion Roos Hotel 
  • Food - meals range from Php100 to Php250 per person

Overall, I enjoyed my weekend at Puerto Galera. I enjoyed it all the more because I spent it with people close to me. The beaches are nice but nothing really beats my favorite beach up north. I'm missing it every day.