Two weeks ago, I went on a quick three-day-two-night trip in Puerto Galera with my colleagues. It was my first time there so I was quite excited about it.

Puerto Galera is a municipality in the province of Oriental Mindoro, known for its beaches and snorkeling and scuba diving spots. Two of its famous beaches are the Sabang Beach and White Beach, which are known to have an active nightlife, what with the bars and restaurants lined along the beach front. We stayed at a hotel and resort in Sabang Beach. I will post a review of it later, but first, let me post some photos which I took during our quick trip there.

Day one. We arrived at around noon but since we got there earlier than our check-in time at the resort, we walked around first and grabbed a bite to eat in one of the restaurants in Sabang Beach. When we finally checked in, we took some time to rest and refresh ourselves. I had quick nap and then went for a dip in the pool later in the afternoon. I retired early after dinner because I was so exhausted.
Sabang beach front
the view from our villa
pool time + booze

Day two. I woke up early to have a quick dip in the pool, plus some sun time. Now, I have a lovely tan (haha). Then around ten o'clock in the morning, a few of us boarded a small boat that took us snorkeling in one of coral reefs there. We met up with the rest of the group in White Beach to have lunch. Then some of them went island-hopping. Those of us who stayed behind went pasalubong shopping, as there were many shops along White Beach with very cheap but quirky souvenir items. We also went on a dragonboat ride, and went jet-skiing.
time for some refreshment
the dragonboat
 
Puerto Galera sunset

Day three. Our third day was uneventful as we were set to go home on that day. Also, I was drunk from the night before, so I simply took one last stroll on the beach and enjoyed that bright sunny day.
obligatory jump shot


Overall, I had fun during our getaway to Puerto Galera, as I had a lot of my firsts there. First time to visit the place, first time to go snorkeling, first time to ride a jet ski. So it was certainly a memorable trip for me, and I will definitely be coming back.

Travel Notes:

How to get to Puerto Galera:
  • Take a bus from LRT Buendia or Cubao bus terminal going to Batangas Pier. Then board a ferry going to Puerto Galera. There are four entry points, so alight on the port where your resort is located. 
  • Or you can drive along South Luzon Expressway, turn right at Star Toll gate, and drive straight to Batangas Pier. You can either leave your car there and ride a ferry, or ride your car on a RoRo (roll on, roll off) ship so you can bring your car to Puerto Galera. 
Expenses:
  • Round trip bus from LRT Buendia to Batangas Pier - Php354 (Php177 one way)
  • Round trip ferry ride - Php500 (Php200-250 one way)
  • Accommodations - Php3000-Php20000, depending on where you're staying
  • Food - Php100-500 per person per meal, can get pretty pricey if you eat at fancy restaurants
  • Dragonboat - Php300 per head
  • Snorkeling - Php200 per head
  • Jet ski - Php1500 for 30 minutes (you can share it with someone, say you get 15 minutes each)
  • Boat ride from Sabang Beach to White Beach- Php1400-1500 for eight persons
To be honest, it was a pretty expensive trip. I spent more than what I expected. If you want to make the most of your trip there without breaking the bank, my tip is to find a nice but inexpensive hotel along White Beach because that's where all the activities are. It would be better if breakfast will be included at the hotel. Do not splurge on food. You can get a decent meal for Php100 to Php150. This is so you can spend your money trying out all the fun water activities that Puerto Galera has to offer. :)