On the first of December 2013, 15,000 runners gathered in Marikina Sports Center for the very much awaited Manila leg of the Nike We Run global series. 
what I wore:
Nike We Run MNL 2013 dri-fit race shirt
Nike dri-fit shorts (not in photo)
Manly knee support
black Nike dri-fit cushioning socks (not in photo)
Nike Air Max + 2013 in gray and red (not in photo)

 The Race Route

In preparation for this event, I attended the Nike training as posted here and did my regular training runs.  During the these days, I was actually nursing a knee injury which was brought about after my previous 16K race. And to tell you the truth, I was feeling a bit nervous but also kinda excited. Anyways, I had a mindset that I would finish strong and I stuck to it.

The race started at 4:00pm but early in the morning on race day, I got a text message from RunRio to be there as early as 1:00pm. I took heed and arrived at the venue around that time. And good thing I did because, boy, was it jam-packed with people! But even so, there was no hassle with the venue, baggage counter, etcetera. Anyways, here are some photos taken before, during, and after the race.
Wave 1, very near the starting line because I was too excited
Green Archers: Jeron Teng and Arnold Van Opstal
 during the run, photo credits to Takbo.ph
 photos grabbed from Team aRUNkada's Facebook page

The route was actually okay except that some parts of it were kinda narrow. There was more than enough hydration provided for everyone. I liked that there weren't too many signs or kilometer markers as for me, it kinda adds to the pressure. I had a good run as I ran the entirety of the race, slowing down only at hydration stations. Running to the finish line on the track was the cherry on top of  a good run. The freebies were awesome; got a cool Nike finishers shirt and Nike water bottle. Overall, it was a good event as it was very organized given the number of participants.
my 10K personal record: 1:12:32
finishers shirt

I was very pleased with my race results. Finishing at 1,493rd out of 15,000 runners, I couldn't help but feel proud. My goal is to finish 10K in less than an hour. I'll be training real hard for that. Oh well, that's it for now. 'Til my next run, loves. :)