After my Sugba Lagoon tour and my three island adventures, I got to explore more of Siargao Island itself on my fourth day. I went on a land tour to visit the other attractions that this island has to offer. 

From the charming surf town of General Luna, it is a thirty minute drive going to the town of Pilar, where Tayangban Cave is located. Because of its natural pool with turquoise, this cave is one of the hidden gems of Siargao. Getting to the pool itself is quite an adventure. I had to enter the cave, which was very dark, and go through chest-deep waters, walking on sharp rock edges with only the cave walls and some rope to hold on to. The view at the end was very rewarding.
cave entrance
view from the top

From Tayangban Cave, the famous Magpupungko Tidal Pool, also located in Pilar, was only a ten-minute drive away. This inland attraction is popular because of its breathtaking rock formations with natural crystal clear pools where people can swim, snorkel, and jump into. Of course, one would have to visit this on a low tide to be able to enjoy what the pools have to offer. In my case, I was informed that it would be best to go to this place at around 1pm so I left General Luna just before noon. Also, this place can get really crowded with tourists so you would really have to be patient and take extra effort in finding good spots if you want photos with no photo bombers.
Magpupungko Beach

To go to these attractions, one would have to rent a scooter or motorcycle. For a fee, locals can also take you here. If you are traveling with a group, you can also opt to rent a van. In my case, I got friendly with the locals and ended up getting a free tour. I only had to pay for the entrance fees for these two attractions and for gas.

While the land tour definitely takes up a lot of time because of the somewhat long drive, it was definitely worth it. These gems of Siargao are what makes the island an awesome place to visit, especially if you are not really into surfing. 

So that is it for this part of my Siargao adventures. Keep posted for more!