Siargao is a popular destination for tourists and surfers because of the attractions and the glassy waves. Apart from that, Siargao is also a haven for foodies with the food places here and there, especially in the surf town of General Luna. 

Finding a good place to eat in Siargao can be a bit challenging because there are just so many places to choose from. If budget is a concern, then it will be all the more challenging because, to be honest, meals can get quite pricey in the restaurants there. Because I only stayed for five days and two of my meals were included in the tours, I only tried a few restaurants so I am posting a short review for each of them here in this post.


Homemade Taste Siargao

This place is one of the few places in Siargao that actually offer breakfast, apart from the hotels who serve 'em to their guests. They had a good selection of food but being a breakfast person, I went for the omelette. I was very pleased with the food here because it was very tasty and the servings are huge. The food here ranges from Php150 to Php300.
Omelette with bacon, tomatoes, and cheese, served with bread


Mama's Grill

As the name suggests, this place offers grilled food. Basically, you order different types of meat, seafood, and veggies on skewers ranging from Php5 to Php100, depending on what you order. You also get to choose a sauce; there's sweet, spicy, and then a mix of the two. I ordered isaw (chicken intestines, which mind sound gross but is actually very tasty) and pork BBQ in sweet and spicy sauce, with a cup of rice. I also ordered avocado shake. Overall, the food here is sooo good, and really cheap too. I ended up eating here a couple more times during entire trip.
Two sticks of isaw and two sticks of pork BBQ, and one cup of rice
Avocado shake


Warung

What's interesting about Siargao is that they have different restaurants offering different cuisines. From Thai food to Spanish food to Western food, probably to cater to all kinds of food cravings. I tried Warung because I was craving for Indonesian food and I ended up ordering their chicken mie goreng, which translates to "fried noodles" in English. The food was good, a bit pricey, but they came in generous servings.
Chicken Mie Goreng - Php250

La Carinderia

I've been eyeing this place for quite some time after watching Siargao, the movie, and has been on my list of must-try restaurants ever since. I ordered the grilled seafood platter with salad. This is supposedly good for two to three persons. This is another one of those really pricey restaurants in Siargao. For the price, the food was just so-so. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as I expected.
 Grilled Seafood Platter


Shaka

Another one on my list of must-try food places in Siargao is Shaka Cafe. Known for its IG-worthy, colorful, and healthy breakfast bowls, this place is always crowded with tourists and locals alike. Fruit and smoothie bowls cost Php250, and you can add a cup of coffee for Php50, which makes for a perfect breakfast. I ordered the Super Bowl which consists of granola and quinoa in yogurt, topped with an assortment of fruits. It has watermelon, mango, kiwi, banana, and apple. The serving was so big and it was sooo delicious, it felt like Christmas in my mouth. This bowl was very satisfying and it was more than enough to fuel me up for the land tour later that day.
Super Bowl


Kermit Siargao

You can't go to Siargao and not try the popular Kermit's pizza. This place is known to be really packed in the evening so it's best to go there as early as possible for dinner time. The wait time can take from thirty minutes to more than an hour. The food was really worth the wait though, because their pizzas and pastas were so good. The pizzas start at Php250, with additional toppings for Php50. Other dishes cost Php200 to Php400.
Margherita Pizza
 Spaghetti al Pomodoro
Pizza with olives, bell peppers, and mushrooms
tequila shots

So that is it for my gastronomic adventures in this beautiful teardrop-shaped island. For those planning a trip there, I hope you like this quick guide on where to eat in Siargao. You can expect a continuation of this when I return there later this year. ;)