After sharing with you my adventures in Taiwan, here's come another fun part of it which is the food. Taiwan is known as a haven for food-lover because of its rich cuisine in cheap prices so I had huge expectations. Needless to say, my expectations were met. So here's a daily account of what I ate during my trip.

Day 1. I arrived in Taiwan around lunch time so it was only apt that my first meal there was for lunch. Because I wanted to try local cuisine, I went to a noodle house where the menu was in Chinese with no photos of the food whatsoever, plus the staff spoke very little English. I ended up getting a bowl of stir fried noodles with pork and veggies, and it was good.
stir-fried noodles with pork, egg, bean sprouts and spring onions
at Nine Soup House

After having a nice lunch, I went to buy myself some bubble tea because that's one of the things that Taiwan is famous for.
brown sugar milk tea at Jenjuden

Day 2. For breakfast, I ate at the hostel. They have a free breakfast which consists of toast, jam, chocolate spread, tuna spread, and fresh eggs, which you can cook however you want. They also have free coffee and tea throughout the day. It was good, given the cheap price of the accommodations.
complimentary breakfast at Backpackers Inn Taipei

After breakfast, I then proceeded to join the walking tour that I signed up for via Klook. After about an hour of walking, we had a quick stop at an ice cream shop in Ximending.
strawberry, vanilla, and passion fruit ice cream at Yongfu Ice Cream

That evening, I went to Shilin Night Market to try out the street food. Here is everything that I ate there.
fried dumplings
fried quail eggs

As if everything I ate was not enough, I still decided to go out and got myself some late evening "snack" at a famous fried chicken stall near my hostel.
chicken popcorn at J&G Fried Chicken
potato fries at J&G Fried Chicken

Day 3. Because I had an early tour, I wasn't able to eat some breakfast at the hostel so I ate the leftover chicken from the night before. For lunch, I ate at this tea house in Jiufen where they served really good dim sum. I also tried out some local Taiwanese beer.
xiao long bao at Shanhai Guam Dim Sum Restaurant
pork buns at Shanhai Guam Dim Sum Restaurant
shrimp dumplings at Shanhai Guam Dim Sum Restaurant
Taiwan Beer

I also tried some yummy street food at the Shifen Old Street. 
fried squid balls
Yakult slushie

That is all for now. Since this is such a long post, day four and day five will be in the next one. 'Til the next post, lovelies.