For my last day in Taiwan, I did not have anything planned which is so unlike me. But I love it. I was starting to love being spontaneous as it helps me get out of my comfort zone. The night before I was busy Googling for places to go and finally I decided to go to Tamsui. 

Tamsui is a sea-side district of New Taipei City. It is famous for its old street, the Tamsui Port, and its water-front food markets and shops. It is also famous for structures with European influences, as it was occupied by the Spanish and the Dutch in the 17th century.
Tamsui Old Street
Douglas Lapraik & Co. - a popular tourist attraction in Tamsui. It displays
exhibitions showing Tamsui's history. This is a good place to start your
Tamsui walking tour as they give out free maps of Tamsui, which can be
very helpful to finding your way aroudn the area.
Fort San Domingo - a historic fortress in Tamsui District. It was originally a 
wooden fort built in 1628 by the Spanish Empire, and eventually occupied
by the Dutch when they took over Taiwan.
 Tamsui Custom Officer's Residence - another popular tourist spot, also known
as the Little White House in Tamsui.
Former Residence of Tada Eikichi - the wooden house of Tamsui's Township
Head in the 1930s, during the Japanese rule in Taiwan. Tada Eikichi was a
well-known entrepreneur and public servant.

Other tourist attractions that I visited but not in the photos here include the Tamsui Presbyterian Church, Statue de Mackay and Fuyou Temple. You can check out the rest of the photos taken during my Taiwan trip on my Facebook page.

After my walking tour, I had a quick lunch and went back to the hostel that afternoon to take a shower and rest before my flight. I bought a cheap dinner at a nearby 711 and ate it at the hostel, before leaving and heading to Taipei Main Station to board the airport MRT. Then it's goodbye, Taipei and Taiwan.

So that was that for my Taiwan trip. Up next is the foodie edition of the trip and then my itinerary and some travel tips.