I've lived in Makati for almost my entire life and have seen Little Tokyo countless of times yet I've never been there. The thing is even though I love Japanese food, for some reason I haven't really had the chance to give any of the restaurants there a try. That's mainly because the only places that I frequent in Manila are shopping malls and Little Tokyo is located nowhere near a mall that I go too.

Just recently, I got to try one of the restaurants in Little Tokyo. I tried Nodaya as recommended by a friend. I didn't get to take a photo of the restaurant itself but inside, it actually looks like a local Japanese restaurant. How do I know? Because I've been to Tokyo and I've eaten at a local food place there (Tokyo blog posts coming soooon!!!). Nodaya also offers al fresco seating area and tables in a smoking area to accommodate all types of customers.

As for the food, here's what I tried. I went for my usual Japanese comfort food combination which is ramen and gyoza or sushi. This time, gyoza wins only because I didn't want to eat anything too heavy.
 Php280
Php190

The food was good and the servings were really big for the price. Both dishes are actually good for up to two people. Only bad thing that I can say is that the service is kinda slow which can get quite frustrating if you are really hungry. But nevertheless, it was not that bad. Not the best Japanese restaurant I've tried but the price of the food on the menu, the servings, and of course, the taste makes it a restaurant that I would still recommend.