By now I am already on my way to my next travel destination: Japan; and while all that is happening, let me tell you about a hidden gem in Siargao

Coconut river is an up and coming attraction in this island. Not a lot of tourists know about it. No one really knows what it is called but people who've been there call it coconut river just because the river is perfectly framed with coconuts on both sides. I, personally, do not know where it is exactly located in Siargao but I have seen photos of it so I asked a local to drive me there. From General Luna, the motorcycle ride takes around fifteen to twenty minutes to get to this spot.

Basically, there is no entrance fee to the coconut river but if you want to go on a thirty minute boat ride along the river (and try rowing the boat while you're at it), it would cost Php200. The boat ride would take you to a small pool of cool water where you can swim in. There is also a coconut tree swing which one can try for free. I, for one, did not try it because I do not trust my upper body strength to support me through that rope swing. Although when I think about it now, I wish I had tried it. At least that's something that I can look forward to when I return.


After the river, next stop was the coconut forest. No one really knows where is one is exactly located as well. Some people call it "top of the road" because it is located on a high point with an overlooking view of Siargao's famous coconut trees forest. One can pass this point when going to Tayangban Cave and Magpupungko Tidal Flats

It really makes for a spectacular view as one would see a really vast stretch of land filled with coconut trees. Standing on the ledge, or let alone sitting on it, might be daunting if you are scared of heights but hey, everything for a cool photo right? Okay, just kidding. Please be careful when you do it. Or just don't do it at all if your balance is off. Safety is everything.

Okay, so that's about it for this post. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much I enjoyed taking these photos here. Keep posted for more of my adventures.