It's been a while since I've done a make-up post. Mostly because I was too lazy to do them. I was too lazy to take photos and do swatches of the products. But don't get me wrong, I still looove make-up and on occasion, I post on my Instagram about make-up. It's just that I was really to lazy to do it here. Now, I felt like I could have created more content on my blog, had I not been too lazy. Anyway, here goes.

I've always been a fan of E.L.F. Cosmetics mainly because they're affordable and for the prices, they're really good. I've never really had a bad experience with E.L.F. Cosmetics, maybe except for their primer. Not that it wasn't good, but because for its huge bottle, there was very little content, which left me feeling disappointed. Anyway, going back, I still love their products and my fave would have to be their blush and bronzer duo. 

A few months back, E.L.F. Cosmetics had a sale on their online store and the discounts were huge. So I decided to order two eyeshadow palettes. I figured that one would be for daily daytime use and the other for special events. I got the Mad for Matte - Nude Mood Eyeshadow Palette and the Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette. 

The packing was very simple. Both palettes came in a plain black box with descriptions on the back. Inside the individual boxes were the actual palettes which came in a sleek matte black case. What I like about them is that they look simple and very minimalist. Upon opening the palette, you will see that each one has ten unique shades. The palette also comes with a decent-sized mirror. The shades do not have names, which isn't really a bad thing. It's just something that I'd like to point out.

Now let's take a look at the individual palettes. The Mad for Matte - Nude Mood Eyeshadow Palette of course has all matte eyeshadows. The colors are pretty and are great for everyday wear. Ever since I got it, it has been my go-to palette for work. I love how the colors can easily take me from day to night, with its dark shades. 

As for the quality of the eyeshadows, they were okay. There was a bit of fallout when I first used them with a brush. The pigmentation could use some work, especially for the darker shades, but they weren't too bad. It was still something that I could work with because I can simply just build the colors up. The colors were also easy to blend.

Now let's go to the Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette. Same as the other palette, the colors in this one are pretty and very practical. While it's not evident on the photo below, the shades are very shimmery.

Compared to the first palette, this one didn't have as much fallout. The pigmentation of this one is also waaay better than the first one. As with the first palette, the two darkest shades are not so pigmented, but overall, this palette was pretty good. As you can see below, the colors have really nice shimmer to them. I mean, they're so shimmery that they are just sooo pretty. The lighter ones can even double as highlighter.

Each of the palettes retail for $10. Since they were on sale, I got them for only $4 each. They were such a steal that I couldn't complain. 

I know that this is a really long post so to summarize, here are the pros and cons for both palettes.

Pros:
  • The packaging is nice: sleek, simple, and minimalist.
  • The palettes are very affordable and they're great for when you are starting out and learning about make-up.
  • The palettes are very versatile as the colors can take you from day to night.
  • The eyeshadows are buildable and are easily blendable.
Cons:
  • The palettes did not come with an applicator or brush.
  • The pigmentation is not the best for the other shades.
  • There was a bit of a fallout when using it with a brush.
For these two palettes, I recommend using an eyeshadow primer prior to application so that the colors will really stick. Since some of the shades don't have good color pay-off, you can just build them up to get the pigmentation that you want. They're no longer on sale so they're back to their original price of $10. Check them out and other E.L.F. Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes here.