This post is long overdue but here goes. Two months ago, I made a quick trip to Baguio to get away from the city and to unwind. Since I've been to Baguio a couple of times before, I've already seen the usual tourists spots. I wanted to go someplace new. Don knew I wanted to go food-tripping there so he brought me to Arca's Yard.

Fifteen-minute drive from the city proper and located along Ambuklao Road, Arca's Yard is one of those houses reconstructed to become a restaurant. The feel inside is very homey with an artsy touch. I love how very quiet the place is. It was refreshing change of pace from the usual noisy, crowded, and overrated restaurants. The interiors are decorated with pieces that very much showcase the Igorot culture. The upstairs area offers cozier spots with low tables and cushion seats. It also has a mini library.

While I would have loved to sit on the cushions, we ended up choosing a table with a spectacular view of Benguet.

Now, let's get to the important part: the food! In my opinion though, Arca's Yard does not offer a lot of choices on their menu. Here is what we ordered.
for Don: Crispy Lemon Orange Chicken - Php240
 for me: Beef Teriyaki - Php240
Camote Pie - Php95/slice

Although the rice dishes were a bit pricey, I can say that they were worth it because they're delicious. I enjoyed my beef teriyaki and it almost had me ordering another cup of rice. I also tried the chicken and I liked it. I kinda wish that I was the one who ordered it. Now, the camote pie was surprisingly yummy. To be honest, I am not really a fan of camote but it being served with vanilla ice cream and cinnamon powder made it very interesting. It is indeed a must-try.

To be honest, the service was a bit slow at Arca's Yard. Not a good thing when you're really hungry, which is the case when we went there. However, I would still recommend it because of the great food and the cozy feel of the place.