It's been exactly a week since I joined this year's Condura Skyway Marathon. I've been waiting for photos of me during the race, so I could include them in this post, to no avail. So I decided that I won't wait anymore.

The Condura Skyway Marathon was my fifth full marathon. Yes, I've ran a total of five marathons within a year of finishing my first one. Don't get me wrong though, running marathons is not easy. It would take months of training, lots of dedication, and sheer will and determination. I'm not gonna go into a long speech about marathon running here, let me just get to my account of what happened during the race.

The race started at 12am. The routes were the same as last year's, but I was excited because it was my first time to run the full marathon distance on the Skyway. I started out slow while pacing myself steadily, because I wanted to save my energy for the second half. After the first U-turn, which was on the 16th km, that was when I decided to pick up my pace. I was at my fastest from the 16th to the 30th kilometers, I think. While on a walk break, I saw one of my team mates from Team SCR within the last 10 kilometers and decided to pace with him. Good thing too, because I was starting to get bored and lazy. At least I had someone to chitchat with while running. We did the run-walk on a steady but fast pace, as we're hoping to clock in a sub-5:30 finish. I was aiming for a PR. Unfortunately, we had to slow down during the 40th km marker because I was starting to feel cramps in both of my legs. After descending the Skyway on the last stretch, he decided to stop at the last hydration station. He told me to go ahead, and so I did, giving it my all and sprinting towards the finish line. I checked the time after crossing the finish line, and was disappointed to see that I did not break my PR. The timer read 5:32, no PR but it was still a good time nonetheless.
 with team mate, Lurvin
 Team SCR

It was a very well-organized event, from the registration to the kit claiming to the race day itself. Lots of hydration stations, amply spaced from each other, throughout the entire race route. The stations offered Gatorade in different flavors and cold water. There were also bananas. There were also lots of marshals and the medics on the race route. Overall, it was one of the best running events I've joined. 

It is with great sadness, though, to learn that two runners died during the event. So let me take this moment to offer my sincerest condolences to their families and friends that they have left behind. They will be greatly missed in the running community. Rest in peace, brothers.

Now time for some credits. Thank you, sir Tong Pascua of Photo-Ops and to my team mate, Wyatt, for the photos above. Thank you, Lurvin, for the extra push during the last few kilometers. Congratulations to everyone who participated, especially to my team mates from Team SCR and Team Ayala Triads. More power and kudos to the organizers for this event!
rank: 1295th out of 3544 runners, official time: 5:32:08