I'm used to wearing shorts when running because I find them comfortable. However, there is one major drawback to wearing shorts: chafing. I'm prone to it especially on the skin on my inner thighs. Somebody suggested wearing running tights or compression tights but when first I tried them on, they felt hot, itchy, and uncomfy. That was about a year ago. 

When I decided to join an ultra marathon a few months back, I figured that it would be wise to wear compression tights. It was advised to me by a lot of running friends, some of them are already ultra marathoners. While I have a pair of compression calf sleeves, I feel as if they're not enough to help me get through that 50k. So a month before my first ultra marathon, I decided to heed their advice and bought my very first pair of compression tights. I got this one from 2XU.
my only "okay" photo of me wearing these tights

Feel and Design
This pair of 2XU compression tights has PWX WEIGHT fabric in rear panels that provide extra support to abductors, glutes, hamstrings, and calves, and PWX FLEX front panels that align key muscles. The drawstring waistband makes for a secure fit. It has an internal pocket for storage and it has flatlock seams that reduce chafing for better comfort. The fabric wicks sweat from the skin and it is antibacterial.

Look
With its minimalistic design with the signature "X's", this pair looks very simple and sleek as compression wear goes. I love that it comes in black and gray, and that it doesn't have any elaborate prints compared to other compression tights or running tights. 

Effectiveness
I've worn this pair during my first ever ultra marathon and while it does not improve performance, I can say that it did its job of reducing fatigue and muscle soreness. Despite the rigorous activity that I did while wearing it, my legs were felt fine after. I didn't suffer from the usual leg injuries and muscle pain. 

Overall, I'm loving this pair of compression tights. Although I don't have another pair to compare it with, I can say that buying this was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Some people buy something only to regret it later after realizing that it does not work for them, and I'm glad that didn't happen to me on this purchase. I've been using this ever since for every long distance running event I've joined. It's comfy, it helps prevent injuries, and I never experience chafing on my inner thighs whenever I wear this. For Php.6800 (USD185), this pair is a bit pricier compared to other brands but I can say that it is definitely worth. You can get one at the 2XU flagship store located on the second floor of Glorietta 3, Ayala Center in Makati City.