Last Sunday, December 14, the AffiniTea Brown Race 2014 was held at CCP Complex in Pasay City. AffiniTea Brown Race is a charity concert fun run with an advocacy to deepen one's faith, identity and love for the country.

I signed up for the 16k category. My baby sister, Sam, joined the 5k category. And can I just say that I was so happy when she decided to join because I never had her pegged as someone who would be interested in running. She hates physical activities, you see. Anyhoo, the gun start for the 16k category was at 5am. Before that, I did my usual prepping but I also tried something new. I tried Chamois Butt'r for my chafing problems and I will write a review about that for my next blog post. So, when 5am came, we were off.
 big thanks to my favourite photographer, JC, for capturing these photos of my 
not-so-glamorous-yet-nonetheless-proud moments

I did my usual 4:1 run-walk interval throughout the race while maintaining a pace of around 6:44/km. I brought my own hydration so I did not have to stop at hydration stations during the first half. However when my drink was all out, I had to stop very quickly at every other hydration station. I had a nice, easy run and I did not even feel tired towards the end. I finished the race with a time of 1:47:xx, breaking my 16k personal best by twelve minutes. There was no timing chip on the bib so this was just based on the finish line timer. So you can imagine how happy I looked when I crossed the finish line. Ngiting tagumpay talaga. Haha.

Overall, the AffiniTea Brown Race was a good event. There was ample hydration but I noticed that there was a bit of queueing at some stations. The venue was just okay, although it felt crowded as the venue seemed small for the number of people who joined. On the upside, I am totally loving the singlet and the finishers shirt. The fabric was nice and comfy, and the design was good too. There were lots of other freebies given but I did not have the patience to wait in long lines just to claim them, so there. Also, I liked that they gave medals to lower categories like 5k and 10k. In a way, it is a good motivation for newbies to pursue running. With that said, that's about it for this post. Congratulations to all the finishers of this race and kudos to the organizers! :)
 with le sis, proudly wearing her medal from her first ever 5k run
 Team aRUNkada with AffiniTea founder and general manager, Mark Liu