I ran my third half-marathon on the 23rd of February during the recently concluded Financial Fitness Run which has held at Bonifacio Global City. 

To be honest, I didn't have a lot of training for that event because: one, I went on a vacation and just slacked off, and two, I had some health issues to deal with back then. Nevertheless, I somehow felt confident about this race. Excited, even. Why? Beats me. Hahaha.

So come race day, I woke up early as ever, feeling perky and bouncy and super hyper. I did my usual prepping routine: had breakfast and fussed over my running outfit (yes, I'm still a girly girl after all). Ze supportive boyfriend accompanied me but he didn't run because he just finished a freakin' marathon a week before that. He came to take photos during the event. At around 3am, we met up with our friend, Calvin (who also photographed that day), and then we were off to BGC.
Adidas running shirt
Nike sports bra
Cotton On running shorts
Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS watch
Simple Hydration water bottle
Runnr race bib holder

We arrived at the venue waaay too early so there was still a lot of time to relax. JC and I went to look for someplace with brewed coffee but I eventually gave up and returned to the venue. He, on the other hand, continued his quest for caffeine. Upon returning to the race village, I decided to do a quick light jog to warm-up my legs. I also did some stretching. And then had some photo-ops with a few of my runner friends.
photo grabbed from Pinoy Fitness

After several minutes of waiting and waiting, 4:30am came and we were off. I really didn't have a strategy in mind then. JC suggested I do the Galloway method wherein I run for 3 minutes and then walk for 1 minute, and so on. And I actually had every intention of following his advice but I was so much in the zone that I kinda forgot about it. Haha! So I ended up running my fastest 10k ever (1:10:26) but eventually slowed down a bit halfway because of my ITBS. Boohoo. Also, the race route involved going on the Kalayaan Flyover (uphell, ugh) twice so I made it a point to take it easy there. 

All in all, it was a good run for me. I had fun despite the very few difficulties I encountered along the way. I was determined to break my PR. I pushed myself to go beyond what I can normally do and it paid off. I finished my fastest 21k race in 2:42:08. Hooray!
fan-girling Sam YG after the post-race program and awarding
my 21k finisher's trophy

Overall, it was good event. There were lots of marshals throughout the race route. The organizers didn't come short of hydration. There were also some bananas, but I didn't get one because I didn't want to feel too bloated while running. I loooved the finisher's shirt because of its very bright colors. The loot bag was also okay, I guess. So yeah, it was good. Kudos to Greentennial Run and to CFA Society for this successful event!

Alright, so that's it for this blog post. I already had my first running event for the month of March and will be joining another one soon. Haha! I guess I'll just see you, guys, on the road. Toodles! :)