Last November 10, 2013, New Balance held its annual running event, the New Balance Power Run, held at Bonifacio Global City, where thousands of runners participated. There were three categories: 10km, 16km, and 25km. I signed up for 16k, my very first one.

A week before the race, my right knee started aching after a solo training session but I didn't care anyways. I didn't even have it checked. Please please please don't be like me. Hahaha. Okay, so on race day, I woke up early way ahead of my alarm. I did some prepping, some stretches, and applied Bodivance Workout Cream on my legs. Tried out the cream for the first time. I had a quick breakfast of milk and bananas. I then headed to the venue and crossed my fingers for a safe and injury-free run. 
my race bib
what I was wearing:
New Balance Power Run singlet
Nike shorts
Nike dri-fit cushioning socks
Nike Air Max + 2013
finished my first 16km run

My calves started aching during my first two kilometers and I decided to walk it out a bit. But then the more I walked, the more it ached. So I ran again and eventually, the pain was gone. I dunno if it was the effect of the cream or something. Oh well. Halfway, I started feeling the pain in my knees so I alternately ran and walked. Finished it with a slow 2:20:20. That was waaay too slow, but then again, I was kinda injured. Teehee.

Now, as for the event... There were lots of hydration stations during the race. There were even bananas. There wasn't much in the loot bag: just some pamphlets, vouchers, a bottle of Gatorade, and water. I've been hearing and reading some comments that a lot of 25k finishers didn't get their medals. Uh-oh, not good. But they were promised  that they will still get it so I hope the organizers stayed true to that. Anyways, the run was still a great experience for me. I had fun and I was able to push myself beyond my limits. And I promise, I will get some rest and train harder, and then come back stronger. 'Til my next run, loves. :)