It is pretty obvious that I really love food. I love discovering new restos. I love trying out new tastes and flavors. What people don't know is that I also love to cook. When I'm bored at home, what I do sometimes is look up recipes online and try them out.

There was one time when I forgot to get some take-out on the way home from work and there was no cooked food waiting for me. I was already too tired to go out so I decided to cook something up using whatever I could find at home. And I came up with this.

Here are the ingredients that I used and what I did to prepare it. And like I said, all of them are just stuff readily available in our fridge that day.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 uncooked pasta
  • 1 can of Century Tuna Flakes in Vegetable Oil
  • 2 pieces of fresh tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • powdered Parmesan cheese

What to do:
  1. Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packaging. Set it aside once it's cooked.
  2. For the pasta sauce, set the stove to a high temperature. Heat the pan, and then pour in the olive oil.
  3. Once it is hot enough, saute the minced garlic until they're brown and remove them from the pan, leaving just the olive oil smelling of cooked garlic.
  4. Adjust the heat to medium and saute the tomatoes until they begin to burst and start releasing juices. 
  5. Add in the tuna flakes and keep sauteing for a good 3-5 minutes.
  6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese, and enjoy!
It's really easy! And it took me less than thirty minutes to prepare this. Given that the pasta only took about 10-12 minutes to cook. Plus this is really good especially for those who are health-conscious. Because pasta has lower glycemic index than rice and bread; tomatoes are generally known to be good for the heart; and tuna is an excellent source of protein. Enough said. :)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post. Hihi. I'll see if I can make more of these types of blog posts in the future. :)