Ikseon Chwihyang is a popular restaurant in Ikseon-dong known for its Korean fusion dishes, particularly its pasta. It’s also known for having long queues, so when my friend and I went around lunchtime and only had to wait about five minutes for a table, I’d say we got pretty lucky.
The restaurant itself has a cozy, rustic and homey feel that fits in perfectly with the rest of Ikseon-dong. There are also other branches, including Yeonnam Chwihyang and Songridan Chwihyang, serving the same dishes, but this was the location we decided to visit.
We ordered the Pork Belly Rosé Pasta and Chicken Curry Risotto, and shared both between the two of us. The pasta was rich and creamy with slices of pork belly on top, while the risotto had plenty of flavor, and together they made for a really satisfying and filling meal.
Everything we ordered was delicious, and the portions were good enough that sharing the two dishes worked perfectly for us. This easily ended up being one of the best meals I’ve had in Seoul, and considering how popular the restaurant is, I thought the prices were pretty reasonable too.
Our total came to a little over KRW50,000, or roughly PHP2,300, for the two dishes, which we then split between us. For the quality of the food, the portion sizes, and how much we both enjoyed the meal, I thought it was really good value, and somewhere I’d happily eat at again.

0 Comments