Rain Report had been on my list of cafes to visit in Seoul mostly because of its unusual concept – it rains there every day, regardless of the actual weather outside. In winter, they switch things up with artificial snow instead, which honestly makes me want to come back just to see it. There are two locations in Seoul, but I visited Rain Report Gyeongridan near Itaewon, the darker and moodier of the two.

rain report seoul

The Gyeongridan branch has a jet-black, minimalist look with a courtyard where the artificial rain falls throughout the day. Inside, it’s surprisingly cozy and spacious, with large windows looking out towards the rain. The dark interiors, water, and warm lighting all work really well together without making the cafe feel too themed or gimmicky.

Of course, the rain is a big part of why people come here, and I definitely spent some time just sitting with my drink and watching it. It creates a very moody atmosphere, and there are plenty of nice spots around the cafe for photos if that’s your thing.

rain report seoul

They also have a good selection of drinks and desserts, including some really pretty cakes. I always appreciate it when a cafe with a strong concept still puts effort into what it actually serves, and everything looked just as good as the space itself.

Overall, Rain Report Gyeongridan was a nice cafe to stop at while I was exploring the area, and the rain concept made it a little more interesting than just going somewhere for coffee. I’d happily visit again, although next time I’d probably aim for winter because now I want to see what the place looks like when the courtyard is covered in fake snow instead.