The N.Flying Fan Con was the main reason I went to Macao in the first place. When N.Flying initially announced their fan meet in Seoul, I wanted to go, but my schedule didn’t permit it. Taipei and Japan were announced later, but neither of those dates worked for me either. Then came Macao, which was finally a stop that fit my schedule. The timing was still a little complicated, though, because I was also in the middle of applying for my Schengen visa and didn’t have my passport with me.
So I gave myself two conditions before I would book anything. First, I needed to get my passport back from the visa application center in time. Second, VIP tickets still had to be available because I really wanted the soundcheck and hi-bye benefits. I had already checked flights, and they were pricier than I expected for such a short trip. Getting the additional VIP benefits would at least make spending that much on a purely concert trip feel more worth it.
Three days before the event, I finally got my passport back. VIP tickets were somehow still available, so everything fell into place at the last minute. I booked my fan con ticket, flight, and one-night hotel stay, committing to flying into Macao on the day of the event and leaving the next day.
I had an early morning flight on concert day and arrived around 9:15am. That gave me enough time to head to my hotel, leave my bag, freshen up, and make my way towards the venue without rushing. I even had some time to spend around the Cotai Strip before heading over. Considering how last-minute the entire trip was, the schedule actually worked out pretty well.
The soundcheck happened first, where they sang a few songs and then we got one hour before the main show so we could leave the venue to do whatever, and come back. The show started with a few songs before moving into the fan con segments, where we got to see more of the members outside their usual performances. They played a couple of games, talked, and even did some TikTok challenges throughout the show.
This was obviously very different from seeing them at a regular concert. There was much more time dedicated to the members interacting, playing around, and showing different sides of themselves rather than moving from one song to another.
![]() |
| Seunghyub solo and Jaehyun + Hweseung duet |
One of my favorite parts of the fan con was the solo stages because we got to see the members doing things they wouldn’t normally do during an N.Flying concert. Seunghyub performed a ballad, Dongsung also sang a ballad, and Jaehyun and Hweseung had a duet together.
Jaehyun also danced to Jungkook’s “Standing Next to You,” and he did so well that my ARMY x N.Fia self was blown away. Hweseung did both the singing and dancing for SHINee’s “Replay,” while Hun sang while playing guitar. I really enjoyed seeing everyone step outside their usual roles for these performances. As much as I love seeing them together as N.Flying, the solo stages gave each member a chance to do something a little different.
![]() |
| Dongsung and Hun solos |
They took that even further with one performance where everyone completely switched roles within the band. Hun played bass, Hweseung was on keyboards, Seunghyub played the drums, and Dongsung took over lead guitar. And the vocalist? None other than Jaehyun.
![]() |
| Hun on bass and Hweseung on keyboards |
It was such a fun performance because they’re all so strongly associated with their usual positions in N.Flying. Seeing them swap instruments and roles made the whole thing feel even more fitting for a fan con, where they could be a little more playful with their performances. Plus, this just shows how insanely talented they are that they could just switch roles and sound really good.
![]() |
| Seunghyub on drums, Dongsung on lead guitar, and Jaehyun on vocals |
They also performed a few songs in Chinese before eventually returning to N.Flying songs towards the end of the show. They closed out the main set with “Flashback” and “Can’t Be Better.” Of course, we asked for an encore. They eventually came back and performed “Let Me Show You,” giving us one more song before the night officially ended.
![]() |
| Seunghyub, Hweseung, and Hun during Flashback |
After the main event came the hi-bye, which was another one of the VIP benefits I had been looking forward to. We were allowed to film as we walked past the members, but since it was my first time doing anything like this, I kind of fumbled at the beginning and didn’t manage to properly capture the first two members or focus on them individually.
Thankfully, I managed to steady my hand by the time I got to my bias, Seunghyub. He was looking right at me while giving me a hand heart, which was so cute and definitely the moment I was happiest to have caught on video.
Then came Jaehyun and Dongsung, who gave me the warmest smiles and cutest little waves as I passed them. The whole thing happened so quickly that I honestly felt like I was in a daze afterward, but it was such a fun way to end the fan con and made getting the VIP ticket even more worth it.
![]() |
| my hi-bye experience |
The fan con was a lot of fun, although the translations throughout the event were in Chinese. I basically did my best to follow along using whatever Korean I could understand, especially during the longer talking and game segments. Thankfully, I also made friends with some Chinese fans who were nice enough to translate things for me here and there. I definitely didn’t understand everything that was happening, but I still had a really good time.
That said, I realized that I still prefer N.Flying concerts over fan cons. I love their music, and one of my favorite things about seeing them live is watching them perform as a band, so naturally I enjoy a show with more songs and live performances. Still, I’m really glad I finally got to experience one of their fan cons, especially after missing the earlier stops. The solo performances, switched roles, games, soundcheck, and hi-bye gave me a completely different N.Flying experience from the concerts I’ve attended.
And considering I only booked the entire trip three days before the event, it somehow worked out better than I could have expected. Flying to Macao for barely more than a day just to see N.Flying might have been a little ridiculous, but I had a lot of fun, got the VIP experience I wanted, and even managed to squeeze in a bit of Macao along the way.










0 Comments