I love overlooking views. I’m naturally drawn to high places that give me panoramic views of a city, so when I found out about this cafe, I couldn’t resist visiting it. Even if it meant walking 20 minutes on steep hilly roads.

Nestled in the Changsin-dong neighborhood, Tertre Cafe offers a peaceful escape from the bustling city of Seoul. It's located on a steep hill close to Naksan Park, which is famous among locals for its hiking trails. This unique location provides stunning panoramic views of the city and the Namsan Tower. 

Tertre Cafe
view of Seoul from the cafe's ground floor balcony

One of the best things about this cafe is that it’s tucked away in a non-touristy neighborhood, so it’s never crowded. Despite its minimalist interior, it has a serene atmosphere. There aren’t any couches or comfy chairs, just low benches and tables, but the overall vibe is still welcoming and relaxing.

Tertre Cafe primarily offers a delightful selection of coffee and desserts. While they don’t have any hearty meals, their offerings are definitely worth the slightly higher price tag. I personally loved their blueberry cheesecake, which was absolutely delicious! 

Tertre Cafe
blueberry cheesecake and iced Americano

I also ordered an iced Americano - it was pretty good, but there was nothing special about it. And I'm saying that because I never really had a bad cup of coffee in Seoul. This coffee was good, but it didn't stand out.

I would highly recommend Tertre Care if you want to escape the usual touristy crowds. It's a 20-minute uphill walk from Dongdaemun Station, but you can always take the bus if you want an easier route. Just make sure to check Naver Map for accurate navigation. 

Tertre Cafe
view from the 3rd floor

With its stunning views, delicious food, and quiet atmosphere, it's the perfect place to relax and enjoy the city's beauty, especially when you're looking for a unique and elevated experience.