Magnate is a must-visit cafe in Busan if you're a BTS fan. This holds a special place in the hearts of ARMY, as it's owned by the father of BTS member Jimin. 

Magnate in Busan

Situated in the bustling streets of Busan, this cozy cafe exudes warmth and charm, offering visitors a delightful escape from the city. It has a stylish decor, soothing ambiance, and a delectable menu of coffee and pastries. 

Upon entering Magnate, visitors are greeted by a big table at the center. This table holds numerous memorabilia for BTS and Jimin. Here, you'll find Jimin photo cards, BTS merchandise, BT21 Chimmy items, and fan-made art. There's also a message book where fans can write a letter for Jimin. 

Magnate in Busan
display table at Magnate

I read somewhere that there are usually long queues to enter the cafe, but I was quite lucky that day. There weren't any queues at all and more than half the tables were empty when I went. This was in the morning, just a few minutes past the cafe's opening time. 

I was also lucky enough to meet Jimin's dad. I was looking at the display on the table when this middle-aged man approached me, said "hi", shook my hand, and thanked me for visiting the cafe. That's when I realized that it was Jimin's dad! He did the same with a couple of other girls hanging around the display. He was super friendly, and I wanted to take a photo, but he appeared busy talking to someone, and I was too shy. Nevertheless, it was such a surreal experience to have met and shake hands with the father of Jimin.

Magnate in Busan
spot Jimin's dad wearing the purple shirt

Now, back to the cafe - since I had a hearty breakfast on the train from Seoul to Busan, I wasn't too hungry. I just ordered a glass of iced black coffee and a pastry with cheese and sausage. The coffee was quite good, while the bread was tasty. 

Magnate in Busan
iced black coffee and croissant filled with cheese and a sausage

One thing to note is that most Korean cafes only serve desserts, so it was a nice surprise to find not just desserts but also savory pastries at Magnate. They had a pretty good selection too. 

Apart from coffee and pastries, Magnate also sells cute merchandise, which would make great souvenirs or gifts. Even if you're not a BTS fan, you'll like the quirky designs on their coffee mugs, shirts, and other items. Don't miss out on visiting Magnate if ever you're in Busan.