When it comes to affordable home furnishings, IKEA is a household name, not just in Sweden but all over the world. Apart from selling furniture and decor items, IKEA is also known for its on-site restaurants that offer a diverse menu catering to different tastes. 

Of course, one of their best-sellers is the Swedish meatballs and when I visited Stockholm, I had to try it out. This wasn't my first time eating this dish as I had already tried it at a restaurant in Gamla Stan, which surpassed my expectations, so I had a pretty good reference.

IKEA food
meatballs with mashed potato, peas, and lingonberry sauce

The Swedish meatballs at IKEA were pretty good but they weren't at the level of the meatballs I had at the other restaurant. That was quite expected since there was a huge difference in prices. The Swedish meatball dish at the restaurant was around SEK189 or a little over PHP1,000 while the one at IKEA cost less than PHP300. 

The IKEA meatballs had a decent taste and the servings were generous, and it's basically a really good meal if you're on a tight budget.

Now, IKEA also offers desserts and naturally, I had to try them. I ordered a slice of their chocolate cake with whipped cream on the side.

IKEA food
chocolate cake with whipped cream

I can't remember exactly how much it cost but it was also cheap and, surprisingly, it was good. It wasn't too heavy or filling but it was a nice light dessert if you're craving for something sweet. It had the texture of a brownie. Also, it wasn't too sweet, which I liked.

Overall, I did like the food at IKEA. Yes, it's not the best option if you want to try Swedish cuisine but it's great for those on a budget. It's basically affordable food that's acceptable in terms of taste and served in good quantities. 

The quality isn't the best but considering the price, it's okay. You basically get what you pay for.