Whenever one thinks of Swedish cuisine, one dish that often comes to mind is Swedish meatballs. Known as"köttbullar" in Swedish, it's a traditional dish that has gained international popularity. These small, seasoned meatballs are typically made from a mixture of ground meat, usually a combination of beef and pork, along with breadcrumbs, eggs, and spices. 

It's often served with mashed potatoes drizzled or drenched in a creamy sauce and with lingonberry sauce on the side. Some restaurants also serve it with roasted vegetables, buttered peas, or picked cucumbers, for added nutrition.

So naturally, when I visited Sweden, this was the dish that I was raring to try. I got to try this on my second day while I was walking around Gamla Stan. I had been walking around for hours and I was starving. I felt overwhelmed with the numerous restaurant choices in the area so I whipped my phone out for trusty Google Maps, typed "Swedish meatballs" on the search bar, and a restaurant called Cafe Sten Sture appeared. It has a lot of good reviews, with one saying it has the best Swedish meatballs in the city, so I made my way there with high expectations.

Cafe Sten Sture in Stockholm

True enough, the meatballs were delicious. It was my first time ever trying Swedish meatballs so I didn't have anything else to compare it to just to confirm if it's really the best in the city - however, my expectations were met. The meatballs were very tasty and they came with a generous serving of mashed potato. Everything was swimming in a creamy sauce, which I couldn't get enough of. The lingonberry sauce added a nice contrast with its sweet and tangy flavor. The entire dish was very filling.

As for the restaurant - the service was great. The staff was quite friendly and accommodating, and I didn't have to wait too long for my food to arrive. The place offers indoor and outdoor seating. And to add, the prices were reasonable.

If ever you're in Gamla Stan and you want to try Swedish meatballs, I'd definitely recommend Cafe Sten Sture.