So let's continue my Bali adventures. After an exhausting yet fun day in Ubud, day two was pretty much chill. It wasn't in my blog post, but the evening after touring Ubud, I had a taste of the fun Bali night life. I had a couple of beers and watched some lady boys lip sync to old disco songs. I slept at around 1am. Yet despite being intoxicated the night before, I still managed to wake up very early in the morning. Because my friend was still sleeping, I took that time to go to Kuta Beach to check out the waves.

Kuta Beach is Bali's most famous beach destination and stretches about five kilometers long from the town of Kuta to the Legian area and to the Seminyak area. It is also known as Sunset Beach, and you will know why later on this post. Kuta Beach offers a decent surfing break almost all year round which makes it popular among surfers. From our hotel in Legian, it was a seven minute walk going to the beach.

I spent a few minutes taking photos on the beach and just sitting on the sand, savoring the moment. It was around 6am and there were a lot of people on the beach, most of them going for a morning jog or just strolling around. I talked to a local before going back to the hotel just to check how much surfboard rental costs. He said it would be 300000 IDR for an hour, which was pretty much a rip-off because I was told that it would only be 50000 to 70000 IDR for an hour. So I said I'd come back later (of course, I didn't).

I went back to the hotel, woke my friend up, had a hearty breakfast of toast, ham, egg, and fresh fruits, and got ready to go surfing. By the time we got to the beach, it was already bustling with people. The sun chairs and umbrellas were out. The surf schools have already set-up their board racks. There were already a lot of people on the line up.

This time, I met another local who offered me two-hours of board rental for only 50000 IDR. It was a pretty sweet deal. This was at Kisa's Fun Surf School. I chose the cutest board I saw (guess which one it is from the photo above) and finally did what I came for in Bali: surf.

In my two hours of being out there, I only caught a few decent waves. It was my second time to be out on my own, without any guide whatsoever, and it was super scary at first because the waves were so huge. They were around five to seven feet high, and the waters were around eight feet deep. I got wiped out so many times and the current was so strong that I was whirling underneath. It was a scary yet awesome experience that I got such an adrenaline high. 

After two hours of surfing, I was starving. So we went for a walk around the area to look for a good place to eat. After that, we decided to do a walking tour of the Kuta and Legian area to check out the shops. We also went to Beachwalk Mall because I wanted to see if there are any good stuff on sale. I left the mall empty-handed.
 me, happily waiting for my post-surf meal at The Beach Lounge
view from the third floor of Beachwalk Mall

At around 4pm, we then went back to Kuta Beach to spend the rest of the afternoon there and wait for the Bali sunset. My friend went swimming while I walked along the coast to take more photos.

When I got tired from walking and taking photos, I went back to Kisa's Fun Surf School where I hung out with some locals and talked with them hile drinking beer. I swear I love the famous beer there, which is called Bintang. It's too bad that we don't have it in the Philippines.

Finally, 6:30pm came and so did the famous Bali sunset. It was the most beautiful sunset I've ever seen in my entire life and it was truly worth the wait. 

This pretty much concludes my day two in Bali. It was a fun day which started with a surf sesh and ended with a very chill afternoon. To end this post, I'm going to leave you with photos of the very beautiful Bali sunset.