Aaand here comes my favorite part of every trip: the food. Half the time that I was in Bali, I was eating. That or drinking beer. Okay, so I'm a bit exaggerating that part out but you get the drift. So here is everything that I ate during the trip.

Day 1. I arrived in Bali at around 8am. I had a hefty meal back in the Philippines so I wasn't really hungry when I got there. From the airport, we went straight to our Ubud tour and the first thing that I ate there was a fruit popsicle that I bought at one of the stores near Tegenungan waterfalls. This was after we climbed the steep stairs going back from the falls and I was craving for something cold.
Leoni's Gelato on Stick in Tutti Frutti flavor - all natural and pure vegan 
ice cream - 25000 IDR

For lunch, we ate at a small restaurant in Ubud called Warung Lokal and got my first taste of authentic Indonesian food. We then went for coffee afterwards at the local Starbucks to try a frappuccino flavor that is not available here in the Philippines.
Nasi Goreng Special - stir-fried rice in Indonesian spices topped with chicken, 
egg, and crackers - 25000 IDR
Chocolate Brownie Frappuccino - 29000 IDR

For dinner, we went to Pulu Bar and Restaurant which is located near our hotel in Legian. Here's what I ordered.
Mie Goreng Special - stir-fried noodles in Indonesian spices with mixed
veggies, shrimp, and chicken, topped with egg and served with chicken satay
on the side - 45000 IDR
Bintang - Bali's most famous beer - 35000 IDR for the big one

Day 2. I started the day with a walk on Kuta beach. Afterwards, I had a hearty breakfast at Restaurant Puri Tanah Lot which is the restaurant in our hotel. I ordered the American breakfast which was so cheap, yet so satisfying.
American Breakfast - two slices of toast with butter and jam, two eggs, ham, a 
bowl of fresh fruits, fruit juice and choice of coffee or tea - 28000 IDR

For lunch, I had something quite heavy because I went surfing prior. And I'm always always hungry after a surf session. We went to The Beach Lounge in Kuta and here's what I ordered.
 Tomato Bruschetta - tomato, basil, and cheese on toasted baguette slices
- 35000 IDR
Aglio e' Olio - fetuccine pasta in olive oil with chili and garlic - 30000 IDR 
Chocolate Milkshake - 25000 IDR

After lunch, we went to Beachwalk Mall to spend the afternoon there. Because I basically couldn't stop eating, I decided to try some local snacks at the Eat and Eat food hub.
Cakwe - fried bread served with peanut sauce - 18000 IDR
Iced Tea - 6000 IDR

Later that afternoon, we went back to Kuta beach to wait for the sunset, during which I had a couple of bottles of Bintang Radler. It is basically flavored Bintang beer in either lemon or orange. I really loved it.
Bintang Radler in lemon - 25000 IDR

That evening, we explored the busy Legian St. where one can find most of the bars, restaurants, and shops are in the Legian area. We went to a vintage-themed restaurant called Si Doi 363 to have dinner. Of course, this perpetually hungry girl strikes again and ordered a lot.
 Chicken Nuggets and Fries - 35000 IDR
Beef Rendang - slow-cooked beef in Indonesian spices, served with rice
and buttered veggies - 35000 IDR

Day 3. This was the day that we went to Nusa Penida, which I will blog about real soon. Since we left our hotel in the wee hours of the morning, there was no other place to eat but at the 24-hour McDonald's near Sanur Port. Of course, I ordered something which they didn't have here in the Philippines.
Chicken McMuffin with Egg Meal - instead of sausage, they used chicken fillet, 
served with hash brown and Fanta - 30000 IDR

Since our day was spent in Nusa Penida, that's where we had lunch - at a restaurant called Warung Te Pande. Our lunch was included in the tour package.
chicken curry, fried prawns, Indonesia's version of deviled egg, stir-fried
veggies, and rice, served with iced tea

After the Nusa Penida tour, I hung out at Kuta beach again and had a few bottles of Bintang. For dinner, we went to another one of the restaurants along Legian St. This one is called Happy Chef, and here's what I ordered there.
 Lemon Chicken - breaded chicken in thick savory lemon sauce sprinkled
with sesame seeds - 32000 IDR
(I ordered rice with this)
Chicken Noodles - stir-fried spicy noodles with chicken bits and mixed 
veggies - 35000 IDR

Just a couple of tips when eating in Bali. First, do not bother asking for service water as all of the restaurants we went to do not have them. You have to pay for bottled water. And second, check if the restaurant charges service fees and tax, just so you won't be surprised when you get the bill. 

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the food in Bali. I loved how the local dishes are so rich in flavor. Generally, the prices of the food in Bali are not so bad. Overall, including all the beers and the mineral water that I bought which are not in the photos here, I spent less than Php3000 on food and drinks during my trip. It was still very cheap.

That's it for now. I have a couple more about my trip to Bali coming up real soon, so keep posted for that. :)