There was one time when my sister was craving for crispy pata, which is a Filipino dish consisting of deep fried pig trotters or knuckles usually served with a dip that's a mixture of soy sauce and vinegar. For her birthday, she really wanted crispy pata, so I Googled "best crispy pata" in Metro Manila and Fely J's Kitchen was one of the restaurants that came up in the results. I decided to check it out.

As it turns out Fely J's Kitchen is part of LJC Restaurants, which is a group of restaurants in Metro Manila. I have dined in two of their other restaurants, Abe and Lorenzo's Way, and both did not disappoint so I suggested that we go to Fely J's Kitchen for my sister's birthday dinner. She agreed.
 Sizzling Sisig - Php225
 Fely J's Pork Rib Sinigang - Php425
 Binagoongang Baboy - Php355
Crispy Patang Bawang - Php695

Needless to say, Google was right. Fely J's Kitchen did serve one of the best crispy patas I've ever eaten. It was cooked perfectly with the right amount of crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It was very tasty, with a hint of butter which I actually liked. The other dishes were yummy too. Two of my favorite Filipino dishes is the pork binagoongan and pork sisig, and their version of both dishes did not disappoint. Their sinigang was also delicious and the serving was very generous. The photo above showed only what was on my bowl but the sinigang was actually good for three to four people. I also liked the fact that they serve brown rice for those who want a healthier alternative to white rice.

The service at Fely J's Kitchen was also very good. I brought a birthday cake as a surprise for my sister and they served it after we were done with dinner. They even sliced the cake and served it to us. Other restaurants would not have done this and they would probably charge corkage fee, but Fely J's did not, so excellent service overall.