Contouring is a great way to sculpt the face without the need for plastic surgery. Contouring can make the face slimmer and the nose line more prominent. 

I have been contouring ever since I learned the art of it, but so far I have only tried using powder products to contour. For the longest time, I have been wanting to try cream-based products so recently I bought myself the Maybelline V-Face Duo Contour Stick.
 highlighter
 contour
swatches on my forearm (and yes, I'm inked)

The product was very straightforward: it's has a highlighter on one end and a contour on the other, both cream-based. It comes in three variations: Light, Medium, and Dark. I got mine in the shade Medium because I my skin tone changes every month. While I was born fair, there are days when I am really tanned because I go to the beach a lot. I think the Medium shade is very workable on both my fair days and my tanned days. So here is a quick summary.

Pros:
  • It's very easy to use: just swipe on your face and blend. 
  • The product has a very nice consistency.
  • The contour is very pigmented.
  • The contour part is like a dream to blend. It applies very easily and it is super blend-able, I can't stop raving about it.
  • It's very handy especially for someone like me who's always on-the-go.
Cons:
  • The highlighter part is not as pigmented.
  • The product is good for day wear but overall, the makeup does not last very long. So if you're planning to take your look from day to night, you need to do touch-ups.
Overall, it is still a good product especially for makeup newbies because it is very easy to use. When blending it, I prefer using a beauty blender by just tapping it lightly on the skin. The Maybelline V-Face Duo Contour Stick retails for only Php499 which is a pretty sweet deal for everything that this product is. I would recommend this for girls who are new to makeup and contouring, for girls who are always on-the-go, or for when you're in a hurry but still want a full face makeup. :)