Hi, everyone! If you've been reading my blog for a few years now, then you would know that I am a fan of skin care even though I don't post about it that often. I love skin care products more than I love make-up and I believe that good skin is a girl's best friend. If you have great skin, then there would be very little need for full coverage make-up every day. Special occasions are exceptions, of course.

Growing up, during my awkward teenage years, I haven't really had good skin. I was prone to breakouts and I still am during certain times of the month. And because I'm always exposed to the sun, I have freckles. But freckles are the least of my problems. To be honest, I actually like my freckles because they add character. Also, I love being tanned so I really have no use for whitening products. So mostly, my skin care routine is for me to have clean, hydrated, and pimple-free skin. I used to have oily skin but over the years, that has changed and now I have combination skin. Which means my face is oily on some areas, mostly cheek and nose, and dry for the remaining areas.

Here is how I do my daily nighttime skin care routine, with the products I actually use. Warning, this is quite a lengthy post.

Step 1: Remove make-up.
Because I wear makeup every day to work, the first thing I do when I get home is remove all traces of it using a makeup remover. Makeup clogs the pores so it is important to thoroughly remove it before going to bed. For this, I use Miniso's Green Tea Cleansing Makeup Remover.
Miniso Green Tea Cleansing Makeup Remover - Php199
This product thoroughly removes makeup, including heavy eye makeup and lipstick, and helps unclog pores. Because of its green tea formula, it is anti-inflammatory which means that it helps minimize the appearance of pimples.

Step 2 and 3: Cleanse and tone.
After removing makeup, I wash my face using a facial cleanser. For this, I use two products to effectively cleanse. First, I use Cetaphil's Gentle Skin Cleanser.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - Php180 for 118ml
I have been using this product for more than five years now and I swear by it. This Cetaphil cleanser is so gentle on the skin while it effectively removes dirt. It can even remove makeup on its own. I just prefer to use a makeup remover before cleansing just because I'm thorough that way.

After using Cetaphil, I would then wash my face again and this time, I would use Human Nature's Acne Defense Facial Wash. After washing my face, I would pat it dry with a microfiber face towel and then apply toner. For the toner, I use Human Nature's Acne Defense Face Toner. I use it by applying a couple of drops on one hand, rub my two hands together, and gently pat my face, making sure that all areas are covered.
Human Nature Acne Defense Facial Wash - Php170
Human Nature Acne Defense Toner - Php109
This is another product that I am obsessed with. Human Nature's Acne Defense line has helped cure my acne problems because of its tea tree ingredient. Although I still get them once a month whenever it's that time of the month, because hormones. But overall, this product has done wonders for my skin. I also love the fact that Human Nature products use all natural ingredients and contain no harmful chemicals. Aaand they smell good too.

Step 4. Apply serum.
Before I discovered serums, I usually just go straight into applying moisturizer. Serums are lightweight moisturizers that deliver active ingredients to the skin. Serums are great because each one serves a different function and each one is especially formulated to target a certain skin problem. In my case I use two. When the toner has dried completely, I use them by applying 2 to 3 drops on my face and spreading evenly. Because I layer the serums, I wait for the first one to dry before applying the second one. I start with The Ordinary's Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5.
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 by The Ordinary - Php660
Hyaluronic acid is a powerful yet gentle ingredient that works by binding moisture to keep the skin hydrated and looking plump. Vitamin B5 acts as a moisturizer to hydrate the skin and as an anti-inflammatory to help keep acne at bay. 

Next, I would apply Skin Genie's Apple Cider Vinegar Serum with Vitamin C, E, Tomato, and Aloe Vera Extract.
Skin Genie ACV Serum - Php399
This serum is great for those who want to minimize the appearance of pimple scars. Vitamin C brightens the skin while vitamin E helps heal pimple scars. The tomato extract is an antioxidant that prevents radical damage to the skin plus it helps balance the skin and get rid of excessive oil. Lastly, the aloe vera extract promotes healing of wounds and has anti-inflammatory properties. 

Step 5: Moisturize.
The number one skin care tip that I always hear over the years is to moisturize. Moisturizing the face helps prevent premature skin aging and keeps the face hydrated. For this, I use Cetaphil's Moisturizing Lotion, which is good for both face and body.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - Php328
What I love about this product is that it has a very lightweight and non-sticky formulation. Even so, I still apply very little of this on my face because I have already layered two serums. 

Step 6: Apply eye-cream.
Eye-creams are important because the skin around the eyes is more fragile and more prone to dryness and premature aging. For this last step of my skin care routine, I use Skin Genie's Anti EYEging. 
Skin Genie Anti EYEging - Php150
This product helps reduce fine lines and dark circles around the eyes. Its roller applicator makes for an easy and mess-free application. Plus, I just love how this product smells.

So that's it for my daily nighttime skin care routine. It may involve a lot of steps and the products may be a little pricey, but it is always worth it to have good, clean and blemish-free skin. Remember that it always pays to take extra effort for skin care.