A good base is important for a flawless make-up finish. Which is why choosing a foundation that matches your skin type and your skin tone is very important. Back when I had fairer skin, choosing a foundation and a powder was quite easy. A lot of brands offer these products in light shades. But when I became tanned and a proud morena, that's when it became challenging. The products that I used no longer worked on me. I would end up with a weirdly white skin that didn't match the color of my neck. What I would do is mix my light-colored foundation with a dark-colored foundation. It did the trick but it was a lot of work. Which is why I was glad when the Maybelline Fit Me! line came to be.

The Maybelline Fit Me! line of foundation, concealer, and pressed powder comes in so many shades that you're sure to find one that's perfect for your skin tone. Since I already have my holy grail concealer, I only got the foundation and the pressed powder.

First up is the Fit Me! Matte + Poreless liquid foundation, which comes in the standard 30ml bottle. The packaging looks nice and very simple. I'm in the shade 228 Soft Tan, which is the perfect match for my tanned skin. What I love about the product is that it's so easy to blend, whether I'm using a brush, a beauty blender, or my bare fingers. It offers a medium coverage which is great to wear during the day. It has a matte finish and leaves my skin looking poreless. Because it has good coverage, hiding all my dark spots, I apply it before I apply concealer so I can use less of the latter, thus I get to save more product. 

Pros:
  • It provides good coverage, with a matte and flawless finish.
  • It's very easy to blend.
  • It has a non-greasy and non-sticky formulation, so it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
  • It's available in so many different shades to match every skin tone.
Cons:
  • The product is a bit runny, so you have to be careful about pouring too much product.
  • Since it comes in a bottle, and not in a squeezable container, you can't maximize the product and when you throw the bottle out, there would still be some residue.
  • The coverage is light to medium, so it's not great for long days or all-nighter events.
  • Since it has a matte finish, it's not great for dry skin.
Up next is the Fit Me! Pressed Powder, which comes in a simple black and very sleek packaging. It comes with a decent-sized mirror and a sponge applicator. I'm in the shade 235 Pure Beige Medium. I had to choose between that shade and the 230 Natural Buff Medium, but the latter has too much of a red undertone. I love this product because it complements the foundation very well. It sets the foundation evenly and adds another thin layer of coverage. It can also be used for a very sheer coverage, when applied on top of moisturizer. The powder is very fine and not chalky. The color matches my skin. In the photo below, I had to swatch it three times just for the color to pop out, because it easily blends and meshes with my skin color.

Pros: 
  • The powder is of good quality: it's fine, it's not chalky and cakey, and it blends well.
  • Same as the liquid foundation, it comes in many shades to fit every skin color.
Cons:
  • Since it's matte, it's not that great for dry skin.
  • It doesn't have refills so you have to buy the complete packaging in case you run out of product.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the Maybelline Fit Me! products that I have tried. Ever since I got them, they're my go-to product for when I need a good long-lasting coverage. Also, they're very affordable so if you're on a budget and you want a good product to build up your base, then I would recommend the Fit Me! line by Maybelline.