Last Sunday, I joined my second race for this year at the One Eagle Run which was held at the Ateneo De Manila campus in Quezon City.

One Eagle Run is a benefit run organized by the Ateneo Professional Schools to bring together the community by having fun through running and at the same time, giving back to the community. All the proceeds of this event will go to ACED Blue Plate Program and Marawi Assistance Movement through Synergeia.

Just like the last time, I joined the 10km category. This was a bit of a far cry from my lazy 5km runs last year so yay me.

Overall, it was a very well-organized event. Hydration stations were ample and were placed every 1.5-ish km. Because it was inside the campus, we didn't had to deal with traffic or passersby. For the 10km category, we had to do two loops which I didn't mind at all. It was my first time to run inside the Ateneo campus so all the sights were new to me. I definitely had fun. Since it was a non-competitive race, there was no timing chip so I only had my Garmin and the official clock as reference. I was also happy to note that my time had improved from my last 10km race. I went from 1:18 to 1:08, which meant that ten minutes was shaved off from my time. Hopefully, this continues so I can get back on track to longer distances.

Thank you to the Color Manila marketing team for the free race kit. Kudos to the organizers for such a successful event.
Garmin time: 1:08:13