Last weekend, I joined my first running event for 2018 at the Color Manila Paradise Run. It was more of a fun run rather than a race. I participated in the 10k category. 

The race started around 5:45am. Because I had no training whatsoever prior the event, I went on a chill easy pace throughout the entire run. It was a good thing that I saw runner friends who paced me during the entire race. I actually enjoyed the run because there was no pressure of beating my PR or being in a decent rank. It was probably my slowest 10k run, for obvious reasons, but nevertheless I had a blast. Here are my photos before and after the race.
 still clean
lol, what happened

After the race, there was a quick program leading up to the most awaited color toss. When I joined the Color Manila La Union, I left early because I wanted to catch the La Union sunset at the Beach Break so I didn't get to witness the color toss. This time, not only did I get to witness it but I also got one of the best seats in the house to capture an awesome photo.

Overall, it was a fun event. One that I would recommend joining if you're up for running and having fun, and partying afterwards. Running-wise, there was ample hydration stations throughout the route. The freebies were cool and definitely worth the registration fee. It was one of those events wherein you won't want to leave right after running, else you'll miss the party.

Thank you to the organizers for the free race kit. Kudos to the entire Color Manila team for this successful event. Cheers!
 Garmin time: 1:18:37