In my four years of running, I have never joined a color run. Which is why I was thrilled when Color Manila announced that they will be having a La Union edition. What got me excited about it is the fact that it will be held in my beloved borrowed surf town. 

Color Manila La Union was held on September 30. Yes, it was on my birthday weekend too so it was definitely my birthday run this year. I joined the 5k category, just because I thought I'd have some fun with it. It was a sunset run so the flag off was in the late afternoon with the start and finish line at the beach front.
pre-race, still clean

Our flag off time came, and we were off, running a few meters on sand, which I didn't really like. One marshal sprinkled some water on us as we passed so the color power will stick. The route was simply out and back, passing through a total of five color stations before reaching the U-turn and passing through the same stations again on the way back. There were a couple of water stations.

While getting thrown at with color powder could really take some getting used to (they made me cough a bit), it was still a fun event. I had a blast and it was the first "fun" run I've had in months, after running long distance races like marathons and ultra-marathons for the past couple of years.

Even though it was just a fun run, my competitive side still got the best of me and I ended up finishing first among the female and third overall. 
post race

Would I recommend joining this event? Definitely! Try it at least once just for fun. You won't regret it. Kudos to the organizers and congratulations to everyone who joined!
rank: 3rd overall, 1st female, unofficial time: 00:35:14