It was in April of last year when I received my acceptance letter to this year's edition of the Bataan Death March 102K Ultra Marathon Race. Since then I have been preparing for it by building up ahealth and fitness, running, ultramarathon, nd maintaining a stable mileage base, joining ultra marathon races, cross-training, and eating healthy (in my best efforts). 

To be honest, it wasn't easy. I've had a few injuries along the way to the point of not being able to run for two to three weeks. During those times when running had to take a backseat, I focused on my cross-training. It helped a lot. It kept my body well-conditioned even if I didn't have any runs. As for nutrition- that part was also shaky. I've been having a hard time managing my weight and I kept losing and gaining pounds, and then losing again and gaining. The struggle was real.

Then there were motivational problems. I started my BDM 102 journey very much motivated. But then one problem came and then another one and then another one, and I started to lose focus. I even came to a point where I was considering NOT pushing through with the race. But then I realized that I already paid for it and if I didn't do it this year, it would always be a part of my life that remains unfinished. I would probably spend my life with BDM 102 just being a big what-if and what-could-have-been. 

Earlier this evening, I claimed my race bib, shirt, and tarpaulin for my support vehicle. I also had my mandatory mugshot taken. There is no turning back now.

There you go; I'm bib number 257. Yes, two, five, and seven - my lucky numbers. Twelve days to go before the race. This is it! Wish me luck! :D