Two weekends ago, I joined the Pinoy Fitness Kasama Run, which was held at the Blue Bay events area in Pasay City. I participated in the 10k category. My only goal for that race was to finish it and break my 10k personal best.

A week before the race, it was raining cats and dogs every day in Metro Manila. We hoped for a good weather come race day but to no avail. The downpour began several minutes before the gun start for my category.

Because it was raining, I felt like I was in the zone. I am actually more used to running in the rain rather than in hot weather. Which was kind of ironic because I live in a tropical country. So there I was running in a pace that was faster than my usual race pace, and I was feeling good. If I was not mistaken, I was the third female. That was until cramps happened shortly after completing the first two kilometers. Then it hit me. I realized that, because I wasn't feeling tired due to the cold and rainy weather, I forgot to hydrate properly before and during the race. I walked for almost the entirety of the next kilometer until the cramps were gone. Eventually, I was able to pick up my pace and catch up with the rest of the 10k runners. 

I finished the race past my target time, so no new personal best for me. Nevertheless, I was still happy that I clocked in a pretty decent time despite what happened early in the race. 

Even though the weather was really bad, I enjoyed running in the rain. I remember that I was grinning from ear to ear while sprinting towards the finish line. Yes, I was that happy. Huge thanks to sir Jeff for the race kit and for the experience.
rank: 16th out of 166 runners, official chip time: 01:07:45