Two weeks ago, a friend and I chanced upon a newly-opened food place in Kapitolyo, Pasig. We were originally craving for Thai food, but since this Thai restaurant that we were looking for transferred to a new location (still in Kapitolyo) and we were already starving, we decided to to give Brad and Pit's Ribshack a try. Ribs did sound like a good idea at the time too. Plus, the sign that said "meals for Php149" looked really inviting.

So we walked inside (the door said slide, and I kept pushing it), and we were greeted by a laid-back ambiance with dim lights and wood furniture. The place was kinda packed given that it was lunch time but there were still a couple of tables left unoccupied. We were handed a menu and the meals were really affordable. We originally wanted to go with individual meals but here's what we ended up ordering.
 Spicy Barbie Mountain in Small - Php245 - ribs good for two persons in their original 
BBQ sauceamped up with chili, served with corn and coleslaw
Mashed Potato - Php50

My friend, Del, and I shared the rib mountain which was more than enough for the two of us. We both ordered mashed potato. She also ordered a serving of the burrito rice (Php50). 

My verdict? The ribs were really tasty. They weren't as tender as I expected them to be, but they were okay. I loved the spicy BBQ. It was not too spicy, and I actually preferred it that way. And the mashed potato was sooo good. The BBQ sauce on the mashed potato was an unexpected twist, because I'm used to them being served with gravy. It was an odd yet great combination and it was something that I will definitely order again.

Overall, I'd give Brad and Pit's Ribshack a thumb up. The service was a little slow, to be honest. And while the food was delicious, there was nothing really extraordinary about them. The mashed potatoes, though... I keep raving about them. Still, it was a good and filling ribs meal for such an affordable price, and you can't get that anywhere.

Brad and Pit's Ribshack, which is still on its soft-opening, is located on 35 East Capitol Drive in Kapitolyo, Pasig City. Their original branch is located on 116 Lilac St., SSS Village in Concepcion Dos, Marikina City. Check them out!