While I looove to eat, I have a love-hate relationship with buffet restaurants - I love how they offer so many choices but I hate how I get so easily full that I don't get to enjoy all of them.

In comes 7 Flavors by Chef Boy Logro, which is a fairly new foodie haven in San Juan. It opened in May 2015 as a bakery, cafe, and buffet. The buffet restaurant is on the second floor of the building, and that was where I had dinner on the Friday of last week. 7 Flavors was built on the concept that there are actually seven flavors: sweet, sour, salty, bitter, spicy, umami, and astringent, and that they have something of all seven.

Here's some of what 7 Flavors had to offer.

salad and appetizers
 main courses
 Japanese food
dessert


The food was definitely delicious. My personal favorite was the Asian seafood pasta, never mind the fact that I am allergic to seafood. I also liked the tacos and the avocado cupcake. What I like about 7 Flavors is that, while there is a lot of variety in their dishes, it wasn't at all overwhelming, unlike most buffet restaurants.

Oh, and did I mention that the buffet is not too heavy on the budget? The lunch time buffet costs Php400/person on Mondays through Thursdays, and Php600/person on Fridays through Sundays. The dinner buffet costs Php500 on Mondays through Thursdays, and Php600 on Fridays through Sundays. 

7 Flavors 196 A. Mabili St. in Addition Hills, San Juan City. You may contact 543-0325 for inquiries or reservations.