Sugar waxing is a method of hair removal that uses a combination of sugar, lemon, and hot water. Through this treatment, the hair is removed from the root without pulling the skin. The ingredients are all natural so it does not cause any skin irritation. I tried it a couple of times on my underarms and I loved it because it's not as painful as waxing and it does not damage the skin the way shaving does.

Sugar waxing is a actually a traditional way of removing hair, but for the past few years we've been more familiar to other methods like laser removal and the other way of waxing that uses cloth or paper. Because it is gentler to the skin, it is now becoming popular in other countries including the Philippines. With the growing popularity of sugar waxing here in the country, in comes a new waxing salon: Whipped.  

Earlier this week, I gave Whipped a try and booked a morning appointment for sugar waxing for my eyebrows and underarms. Since I live in the Makati area, I visited their branch in Eight Forbes Town Center in Bonifacio Global City. My first impression of the salon is that it looks like a cute candy shop because of the colors.

For both my eyebrows and underarms, the treatment lasted about forty minutes. The treatment started with the beauty tech cleaning the area. She then started the waxing part by getting a small amount of sugar wax, applied it on the hair to be removed, and pulled it gently. This was done repeatedly until we got the shape that we desired for my eyebrows. Then we moved on to my underarms using the same procedure. There were bits of hair that were hard to come off so she used a pair of tweezers to remove them. Finally, she applied some moisturizing cream to prevent irritation and to leave my skin soft and supple. 

Whipped offers a variety of services for all your sugar waxing and body scrubbing needs. Check out  their sweet "menu" here.

I really had a good experience at Whipped. The staff was very friendly and courteous. I liked the salon's interiors. The rates of their services are affordable. I highly recommend Whipped for your hair removal needs. Whipped has two other branches that are located in Fairview Terraces in Quezon City and in Alabang Town Center. For appointments, simply contact them at 0917-537-1423. For more information, check out their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/WhippedSalon.