CrossFit first came to the Philippines in 2011 but it wasn't until two years ago, I think, that it became really popular. From one CrossFit box back then, there are now at least ten in the Metro alone. I wanted to try it back in 2013 and I even booked a free trial once, but I never got around to attending it because of its location. 

Fortunately, a few boxes opened up in areas of Makati which are totally near my place. One of them is Primal Ape CrossFit, which is known to be the biggest and best-equipped box. I got invited by a friend to sign-up for a three-day free trial for their Bootcamp sessions. And hey, it's free, so I caved.

Bootcamp is a military-inspired program which is composed of a series of workouts designed to build strength and fitness through a variety of intervals over a one-hour period. At Primal Ape, Boot Camp and CrossFit classes usually consists of ten to thirty people. You won't be alone but at the same time, the trainer-to-participant ratio is not that big so you'll still get the guidance you need.

Since it was my first time to try working in a CrossFit box, I don't have anything else to compare it with. I can say that my experience there was great. The workouts left me feeling sore because they were intense, but they also made me feel good about myself knowing that they made me stronger. Plus, there was nothing quite like the camaraderie there; something that you wouldn't get when working out on your own at the gym. 

The monthly fee for CrossFit with Boot Camp costs Php5500; Php5000 if you will be signing up for a six-month contract. For Boot Camp alone, the monthly fee costs Php4500; Php4000 for a six-month contract. Drop-in costs Php800 per session for Cross Fit and Php700 for Boot Camp. For complete information on their rates, click here.

I have a few friends who are regularly working out at Primal Ape, and I've heard nothing but good feedback. So it must be worth it given that the rates are a bit pricey. As for myself, while I enjoyed the three-day trial, I'm still undecided about signing up for a contract since I still have an ongoing contract with my gym. But given that I have the resources, I would definitely sign-up at Primal Ape. If you want to experience it yourself, go and book a three-day trial. If you want to know more about Primal Ape CrossFit, check out their website here.