Looking for some comfort Western food? Then I would recommend heading to The Pilgrim. Located on 189 Maginhawa St., this hip new food haven opened four months ago in one of the best places ever for food-tripping. The Pilgrim is owned by chef Dennis Tan who studied different culinary styles in a few countries like USA, Thailand, and Cambodia. The inspiration for his restaurant came from the idea of traveling to different places and sharing, thus its name: The Pilgrim. 

Last week, I was lucky enough to be invited to a food-tasting event where I got to sample some of their best-sellers. Here's what I got to try.
 Chicken Tenders
 Oven Brick Hot Chicken Wings
 Roasted Potatoes
Grilled Beef Salad


So first up were the appetizers. While the chicken tenders lacked a bit of flavor, the dip was very yummy. The potatoes were good but there was nothing special about them. The dip was also yummers. I am not a huge fan of the chicken wings BUT that's because I'm really not into spicy food. You know that all too well. I found it a tad too spicy for my taste. But perhaps it is something that spicy-food-lovers will appreciate. The salad was really good. I personally liked the dressing. The meat and the veggies sort of all go together deliciously with the dressing.


Wagyu Beef Burger
 Khmer Beef Curry
 Wagyu Hanging Tenders
Seafood Linguine Pasta

The Wagyu beef burger is to die for. The meat is so juicy, and it all tasted so good with the lettuce, sliced tomatoes and onions, egg, and bacon. As for the curry dish, I found it okay. No strong flavors or anything but there were lots of veggies in it. And I am also not fond of cooked veggies. I like leafy greens fresh, like in salads and burgers... Which brings us to the Wagyu tenders. The beef was delicious and flavorful, and the side of fresh greends and cherry tomatoes complements it just perfectly. I tried the seafood pasta despite my allergies (I always bring anti-histamine, don't worry) and I had no regrets. It was something that I would definitely order when I go back there.
Baby Back Ribs by Mr. T

The main event for the night was the baby back ribs. It is The Pilgrim's ultimate best-seller and you will understand why once you have a mouthful of it. The meat was very tender and flavorful, and the sauce is just perfection. I couldn't get enough of it, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who'd go there.
The Cure

The Pilgrim has an array of fruity blended drinks. I tired The Cure which is a mix of mango, papaya, wheatgrass and lime. At first, I thought it was a weird combination but it was actually suprisingly yummy.

Overall, I had a good dining experience at The Pilgrim. I would definitely come back there. It would be a really good place for recovery dinner after a nice night run at UP Diliman, yes? :)