Hi there, loves. Since I'm watching what I eat, I've been eating the same things over and over again. I'm starting to get sick of it, to be honest, so I've been trying to find ways to mix it up, try something new while still keeping within my calorie limit. Here is something that came out of experimenting with what I have lying around in the kitchen. 

Ingredients:
  • 100grams of pasta
  • 1 can of sardines (I used Mega Creations in natural oil)
  • grated cheese
  • lemon slices
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 2 tbsp oil

What to do:
  1. First, cook the pasta as instructed.
  2. To make the pasta sauce, heated some oil in the pan. Once heated, add the sardines.
  3. Add the tomato paste and squeezed lemon to sprinkle some juice on it. Stir occasionally.
  4. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
  5. After about 10 minutes, remove the sauce from heat and pour it over the pasta. Finish it off by sprinkling grated cheese over it.



What I love about this meal is that it's high in carbs and protein so it's perfect for my diet. And yes, I've recently learned about how important carbs is for someone like me who is always running and working out, so I've already gotten rid of my fear of carbs. That's one of the things I came to love ever since I became active in running: I can basically eat anything I want (in moderation!!!) because I get to burn them anyways. As long as I'm within my limit for the day and stay within my macros (meaning no junk food and fast food!!!), I'm all set. :)