Late post. Really late post. Anyways, you might have noticed that I have been doing short distance runs lately. Like lower categories in race events. I am not sure why but I feel like I am not really in the mood to run half marathons this past month. But I guess that is okay because I finished two 32km runs in June so my legs needed that much recovery time.

On the 20th of July, I participated in the Energen Healthy Run. It was one of those runs that was relatively cheap, only Php.400 registration fee for the 10k category, so I decided to join. 
first 100 Pinoy Fitness members who registered in Runnr BHS got a Php.50 discount
my running ootd:
K-Swiss shirt
Nike shorts
Runnr race bib holder
Nike socks
Nike Flex Run 2013 shoes
and a wacky happy face

The Energen Healthy Run was a fun event (it was obvious in my solo photo). I actually enjoyed running the fairly easy 10k route with the killer Kalayaan flyover. I got to beat my 10k PR. I stayed for the raffle draw where ten mountain bikes were up for grabs. As expected I did not win (because I have terrible luck when it comes to raffles, huhu). Hahaha. But it's okay.

This was a cool event except that they did not have timing chips stuck to the bibs. There was a barcode on it which the marshals were supposed to scan (or at least that's what I was told) but when I finished, they did not scan mine. I just heard someone reciting my bib number to someone else who's prolly entering it to a computer. This happened around a minute after I crosse the finish line. Meaning my time on the actual race results was not accurate. Boohoo! On the other hand, it was pretty well organised. There was ample hydration along the route. The singlet was nice but the finishers shirt for the 10k runners was a tad too big for me. They said it was free size. And again, the no-timing-chip system just really sucks. So I have not entirely made my mind up if I will join this or not race next time. 

Anyway, I have another race review coming up. Just keep posted for that! :)