It has been a while since I made a food post so here's one about a new foodie discovery that I just recently made.

For JC's birthday, we decided to go out for lunch. We saw Mongkok in Glorietta and decided to give it a try because we haven't eaten there before. Also, he was craving for Chinese food. Here's what we ordered.
 Fried Tofu in Schezuan Sauce - Php.180
 Shao Long Pao - Php.80
 Fookien Fried Rice - Php.180
 Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet - Php.180

My verdict? The food was actually good. I particularly liked the shao long pao and the fish fillet dish. The service, however, is horrible. The waiters took too long to respond. They were inattentive and unfriendly. They don't smile. And from my perspective, they seem to really dislike their jobs. At one point, I asked the waiter for a glass of water and he said he'll bring it to me. I waited for more than five minutes and nothing, and then I saw him cleaning a table. I had to call his attention so I could ask again, and it took about five more minutes for me to finally get that glass of water. I was already really thirsty by then. I mean, what is up with that?!? The food was good but to be honest, it was not worth it because of the very, very poor service. I even checked Foursquared and a LOT of customers have the same complaint as mine. I hope they do something about this. And I hope the other branches are not like this.

Of course, it was JC's birthday and we eventually decided to let that slide. We really didn't want our day to be spoiled by that restaurant. But you can definitely expect me to never eat there again. I know lots of Chinese restaurants around the Metro that serve pretty much the same dishes, and they have good service. So might as well go to these restos for my Chinese food cravings, right?