Hi there, loves. Here is new recipe that I came up with last week because I'm being a feelingerang chef again. Haha.

I've been on a strict diet lately to maintain my weight and I've been eating nothing but fish and chicken and veggies and the necessary carbs. Yes, carbs are essential to my diet since I'm a runner. But of course I'm talking about the good kind, and my carb intake has to be in moderation. No fries, no chips, and no extra servings of rice and pasta. So back to my diet. Since I've been eating a lot of fish and chicken lately, I kinda growing tired of them so I've been finding new ways (or at least new to me) of cooking them, you know, just for some variation. I thought of boiling chicken breast which is good as it has very little fat content. A colleague of mine suggested that I grill them but I have no grill, so he suggested that I can pan-grill it. Check out what I did.

Ingredients:
  • half a chicken breast fillet
  • salt
  • a slice of lemon
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce

What to do:
  1. Place the chicken breast fillet in a pan and partially cover it with water. Make sure that at least half of the fillet is submerged in it.
  2. Add a pinch of salt and boil it for about 15 minutes, or until it is cooked.
  3. When most of the water has evaporated, add the soy sauce. 
  4. Then squeeze the lemon and add it to the chicken.
  5. Let it cook for 7 to 10 more minutes, or until all of the water has gone. And then remove it from the pan.
As for the garden salad, I just tossed in some Romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, carrot slices, and tomato slices in the the bowl. I then added in some light Caesar dressing.

With the chicken and the salad, you get a very healthy and filling meal. And it contains less than 300 calories total. So yeah, it's perfect for the health conscious. I have to say, the chicken was very tasty. This is actually what I had for lunch one time. I made it at home and brought it to work so I can cut down on junk food and fast food. I suggest you try it! :)