I've been wanting to try IHOP ever since I've heard about it. IHOP or International House of Pancakes is a US-based breakfast restaurant that first opened in Los Angeles, California in 1958. It's first branch in the Philippines opened in February of 2013 and since then, it has captured the hearts and tastebuds of food lovers out there. Many people said that the food is superb. But I've also been hearing that they're priced way too high and that I could pretty much order the something somewhere else for a less expensive amount. It took me while before I gave in to my curiosity.

I finally got to try IHOP just a couple of weeks ago and before I give you my verdict, let me first show you some photos of what I ordered.
 Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes - Php.255
Simple and Fit Simply Chicken Sandwich - Php.295

The Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes is basically chocolate overload in a couple of huge pancakes. It was truly delicious especially when paired with maple syrup. My aunt, who was with me that day, suggested that I try the strawberry syrup but I really prefer the classics. The Simple and Fit Simply Chicken Sandwich is made of grilled chicken bread with fresh tomatoes and lettuce on a grilled bun. It is served with a small cup of fresh fruits. I thought the sandwich was okay and that there was nothing really special about it. It was too big and hefty. In my opinion, it was no different from other chicken sandwiches I've tasted. In fact, some of them were even better than this one. 

Overall, I still had a good experience at IHOP. I would definitely come back for the pancakes but not for the chicken sandwich. But I wouldn't mind giving their other sandwiches a try. While it is true that the items on the menu are pricey, the servings are big that you can have 'em for sharing. Also, they have very good service. The waiters are friendly and accommodating, and they would occasionally check on you to see if you need anything or to ask how your food is. 

IHOP currently has four branches in the following locations: The Fort, SM Mall of Asia, UP Town Center, and Century City Mall. If you haven't been there yet, I suggest you head over to the branch near you and order some of their sumptuous pancakes. They're definitely worth it. For more information, just check out their website here.