During the second half of this year when I decided to be more into running, I set a goal for myself that I would finish a half-marathon or 21km run before this year ends. Come November and I thought I wouldn't be able to reach that goal because I had a knee injury. But being my usual persistent and stubborn self, I still decided to do it despite the fact that my right knee would hurt after every training session.

I decided to do my first half-mary during the Greenfield City Christmas Run which was held on the 8th of December in Paseo De Sta. Rosa in Sta. Rosa, Laguna.
 All geared up!
event singlet, race bib, iFitness hydration belt, arm band, and knee support

Race day came and I only had three hours of sleep. Had some carbo-loading the night before with friends. I ate nothing but a small pack of Quaker Oat Cookies and chugged a bottle of Gatorade about an hour before the race. Nevertheless, I was psyched and ready to go. 

The race started at 4:30am. During my first five kilometers, I went a tad too fast that I had to slow down during the sixth or seventh kilometer. Bad move. But eventually, I picked up my pace again because I had a personal goal of finishing the race in less than 3 hours. It was water that kept me going. That's when I realized how important hydration really is.
What I wore:
The Bull Runner Shirt borrowed from my boyfie
Nike dri-fit shorts
black Nike dri-fit cushioning socks
Nike Air Max + 2013
Timex Ironman Watch

rank: 1189 out of 1611 runners, official time: 2:47:19 


My finish time was kinda slow but I'm actually pleased since I was able to reach my personal goal of actually running a half marathon, no pressure. Hahaha.

What a great way to end my year! I was able to achieve this milestone in my running career (?) and I couldn't be happier. I guess that is obvious, just look at the way I was smiling in the photos above. Teehee! Anyways, this will be my last run for 2013. I do have one coming up in January and I'm doing it with ze boyfie. But that's a few weeks away so for now, I'm just gonna enjoy the holidays and what's left of 2013. I hope you do too! :D